Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Looking to buy new earphones, any recommendations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've got a headset which works great for music at home but when I'm out and about I'm looking for a pair of reasonably cheap earphones that can have a similar effect. At the moment I use a logitech usb headset, so I was wondering what earphones should I get? (better than apple headphones, please and preferably in-ear rather than the ones that hang on the inner part of your ear).

Any amazon links also appreciated, just want a decent pair of headphones that work well with all types of music, from rock and pop to heavy metal and dubstep etc
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    price?
    I'm not sure, I'm willing to look at all price ranges since I'm pretty loaded with spare cash atm
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I'm not sure, I'm willing to look at all price ranges since I'm pretty loaded with spare cash atm
    they go up to like a grand......

ReputationRep:
    they go up to like a grand......
    Okay lets say <£50
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Okay lets say <£50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soundmagic-E.../dp/B005HJ38OO

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technica-ATH.../dp/B007S6U14E

ReputationRep:
    If you want really cheap ones that actually last for quite a long while then these are pretty good, I've had mine for 2 years and still going strong, but for something more expensive/of better quality I wouldn't have a clue

ReputationRep:
    These two sound great judging by the reviews. Which one do yo think would come on top since they are pretty similar?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    These two sound great judging by the reviews. Which one do yo think would come on top since they are pretty similar?
    Audio technica's are better with the 4 music types you listed.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Audio technica's are better with the 4 music types you listed.
    I see are there any types of music where SoundMAGIC comes on top in instead, is Audio technica also good for classical music?

ReputationRep:
    What hifi or whatever it's called is a good go to site to compare / check out reviews
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I see are there any types of music where SoundMAGIC comes on top in instead, is Audio technica also good for classical music?
    Yeah they have good top end, the audio technicas are better tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they have good top end, the audio technicas are better tbh.
    Standard Delivery 7 - 23 days :cry2:

Is there any way I can get them faster?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Standard Delivery 7 - 23 days :cry2:

Is there any way I can get them faster?
    Also look on here for reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...04-13-14-p-894

I dont think so, its worth the wait though.

ReputationRep:
    JVC

ReputationRep:
    Also look on here for reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...04-13-14-p-894

I dont think so, its worth the wait though.
    Couldn't find reviews for the audio technica I was getting, but there was another type of audio technicas which was much worse off in the review, I take it this doesn't influence the good one you linked to me on amazon?

If so I think I'll order some audio technica's, they seem to be what I'm looking for
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't find reviews for the audio technica I was getting, but there was another type of audio technicas which was much worse off in the review, I take it this doesn't influence the good one you linked to me on amazon?

If so I think I'll order some audio technica's, they seem to be what I'm looking for
    I own them and there the best earphones I have ever owned

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-High-Per...words=akg+k451

ReputationRep:
    I own them and there the best earphones I have ever owned
    Oh thanks for your help, seems I'm undecided now though thanks to this guy below

(Original post by Little Wing)
    Have you considered these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-High-Per...words=akg+k451
    Those do look very good... and its so tempting ''Want it by Thursday 1pm?'' :lol:
    I'll check out some reviews and put these head to head with the audio technica's

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.