Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Permanently stop email notifications to watched threads Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to permanently alter my watched threads so that they automatically don't instantly send me an email when someone else posts in the thread I've posted in?

I keep having to manage threads and change them manually every time which bugs me, but I'd still like the normal notifications received at the top of the tsr page if someone replies etc. Hope I made sense and any help would be much appreciated

(Original post by Green Velvet)
    Is there a way to permanently alter my watched threads so that they automatically don't instantly send me an email when someone else posts in the thread I've posted in?

I keep having to manage threads and change them manually every time which bugs me, but I'd still like the normal notifications received at the top of the tsr page if someone replies etc. Hope I made sense and any help would be much appreciated
    Yep - you can change your "Default Thread Watching Mode" to "No Email Notification" here.

ReputationRep:

If you go here and change your default thread watching mode

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely agree with you. Who could possibly want an email? Lets hope someone provides an answer for us.

ReputationRep:
    OP

you were mean to me

so :bootyshake:

(Original post by Blackacre)
    Yep - you can change your "Default Thread Watching Mode" to "No Email Notification" here.
    Thank you so much

honestly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackacre)

Aha! Thank you so much :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Absolutely agree with you. Who could possible want an email.? Lets hope someone provides an answer for us.
    Maybe they could send us notification cards? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    If you go here and change your default thread watching mode
    Thanks!

(Original post by Zarek)
    Absolutely agree with you. Who could possible want an email.? Lets hope someone provides an answer for us.
    Our prayers have been answered yay!

(Original post by yo radical one)
    OP

you were mean to me

so :bootyshake:
    Aww bless I was kidding, although it was a little mean now that I look back upon my silly behaviour

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they could send us notification cards? :holmes:
    You won't ever back down on the card idea will you Nah it's pretty cool and probably better than the current system (please don't kill me mods).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Our prayers have been answered yay!

Aww bless I was kidding, although it was a little mean now that I look back upon my silly behaviour

Fantastic. The emails have been annoying me for months. Thanks.

ReputationRep:

I forgive you

but only if you support my card idea (even though it wasn't entirely serious )

ReputationRep:
    I forgive you

but only if you support my card idea (even though it wasn't entirely serious )
    Sign me up! :excited: I actually do like the not-entirely-serious-but-serious idea

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.