Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If you have a passion for independent magazines this one is for you...

I was thinking of doing a magazine recently but thought about what I loved the most that I could carry on creating as a subject matter. There are more independent magazines than ever before I want to create a mag/ fanzine on independent magazines and some of the main content would be.
    - an interview with a creative director, editor or a professional in the mag scene.
    - A design perspective of a selective magazine and there ethos, who is behind it where they are based and the idea of how and why it is made.
    - a selection of new and current independent publishing
    - News and events

These are just some of the ideas I have. I would love to hear anyones opinions, thoughts and suggestions to this.

If you would like to contribute or hear more about this new venture I would be happy to hear from you. Just e-mail me on [email protected]

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really interesting it's a great idea! Maybe you could also do something about like the impact of magazines throughout history e.g. How they have been used by activists for various causes or even how they have been banned by totalitarian governments at various points? It might be interesting just as a way to give people some background to magazines. Hope that's helpful! Good luck can't wait to hear more!

ReputationRep:
    I work for a media agency and pay bills to these small independents.

All I can say is good luck, prepare to spend a lot of your time on the phone, and working very hard, for very long hours without that much pay.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.