Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

As MSc Organisational Psychology degrees all have basically the same content due to needing to meet BPS accreditation, how do I know which universities are better than others? Do I go for general prestige of the university? It's quite a niche course and also some universities run their OP courses through the Management School, whereas others run it through the Psychology Department - do people think that might have a big influence on the courses?

I'm just finding it quite hard to differentiate the universities. At the moment, all I can think to go on is whether they include the Psychometric A+B qualifications, their locations, and, from what I can find, their research strengths.

If it helps at all, I've applied to City, Goldsmiths, Surrey, Manchester, Nottingham, and Leeds. I currently live in London, but I think I would enjoy moving away for a year.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I am just finishing my MSc in Org. Psych at City and I could not recommend it enough. They run additional courses for A and B qualifications (which I am getting next month - woohoo!), which cost £550 for both, but that is significantly cheaper than getting them elsewhere.

The lecturers are incredible, and the classes are really engaging. I even won a placement with a consultancy for doing well on a project!

I don't know how it compares with courses elsewhere, but the rate of employment after the course is really high at City, so I'm happy with my choice!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm having the same problem! It's difficult to tell which will have the best job prospects. I have a feeling the course will be more interesting if it a part of the business school, e.g. Aston University offer a HR module too. At the moment i'm considering Nottingham, Sheffield and Aston.

Have you had any more thoughts?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.