Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well Hi there! I'm from Lithuania! Never heard of it? It's a country in Eastern Europe right next to Russia and Kaliningrad. I dare say that our situation is very similar to Scotland and the UK. :rolleyes:

Who am I? Well, I'm a 17 year old male that daydreams far too often! I'm often quite humble and try to keep it cool... however I might get a bit annoying in an argument so I apologize in advance, haha. I had a hard time socializing with people up until 9th grade, so I might be a bit weird from time to time .

What are my hobbies? Programing of course! Thats the main one... One that I spend far too much time on . Apart from that, I often listen to rock/classical music. Quite a weird mix, huh? My favorite bands are: System of a Down; Staind; Disturbed; Metallica; Linkin Park. (If you have any suggestions, please say! I'm looking for something new!). I read at a lot too! I think that makes me pretty nerdy at times, but oh well. I've read A Song of Ice and Fire, Clive Cussler (the Oregon series), Eragon, Harry Potter & a lot of Horrible Histories books.

Education? Interest for the future? Well, I'm currently attending Kaunas "Saulės" Gymnasium. I'm in the 10th grade (two more and I finish! :3). I guess I'm pretty average as my grade average is 8,5/9 (the maximum is 10, such a weird system right?). My dream is to join St. Andrews University. Why? Well, my cousin goes there! Asides from that, I really, really enjoyed the atmosphere of it all. It simply made me want to learn.

Why did I decide to join this forum? For a few reasons: 1) I want to meet people that have the same hobbies as I do, or at least the same interests, such as programing, A Song of Ice and Fire... 2) I've heard this was a great site to seek help on foreign (especially UK/Scotland) universities. 3) Generally have a fun time.

That's all I can think of! Might edit this later for more :3

Thank you for reading,
    Vytautas.

Edit: Curious about my nickname? Well, heres the story behind it! It was 1954, winter, a good year... Just kidding, I'm not THAT old to start my stories like that. I was playing a chess game... a live one obviously. We didn't have a clock or timer set up & I kept taking longer and longer as each turn went. After a while, the opponent started joking about how slowly I'm thinking, that I'm slow... Thus I picked the name... and It stuck. Now it's a clever way to flame me... "Your name fits". I swear, If I got a pound every time someone said this, I'd be rich!

Edit(more of a notice really): To any moderators... I'm sorry If I went over the top with my introduction I just now noticed that people usually do smaller ones.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Slowthinker!

Welcome to TSR! I hope you're well. I actually have quite a few friends from Lithuania! Cool people. Have you checked out the Technology and computers forums, and the Music forums?

All best!

SJ

ReputationRep:
    Haven't yet! Thanks for the links!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowthinker)
    Haven't yet! Thanks for the links!
    No problem! Be in touch if you need any help.

SJ

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.