Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay...I haven't even finished my GCSE exams, but I know I'll do well and I also know that I'm studying Psychology, Sociology and Government + Politics at the a-level college I've applied to. I've always been one to thing ahead and one think I'm passionate about it working in the Mental Health sector.
    The question I'm putting out you all is to see people opinions on studying Psychology at university!! xx

ReputationRep:
    This September I'll be starting my first year studying for Bsc Psychology and Criminology at Birmingham City University. If it's what you really want, then go for it. But you have plenty of time to change your mind. I'm almost 22 and it took me 2 years to decide I wanted to study human behaviour at university after doing poorly at school and never doing A levels.

With psychology you aren't just limited to mental health, however. You don't have to go down the clinical or psychiatric route, there are other branches such as health, educational, sport and occupational psychology too. Good luck with your endeavors :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saro2TheKnee)
    This September I'll be starting my first year studying for Bsc Psychology and Criminology at Birmingham City University. If it's what you really want, then go for it. But you have plenty of time to change your mind. I'm almost 22 and it took me 2 years to decide I wanted to study human behaviour at university after doing poorly at school and never doing A levels.

With psychology you aren't just limited to mental health, however. You don't have to go down the clinical or psychiatric route, there are other branches such as health, educational, sport and occupational psychology too. Good luck with your endeavors :-)

Thank you! I've looked at other parts that spark my interest to do with Psychology (Those are Clinical, Educational or Industrial-Organizational Psychology). It's nice hearing that I don't have to make every choice now and I can go where my heart takes me.

xoxo

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.