Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Is anyone going to be studying this from September? I'm going to accept my offer, after a long time debating and umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether to firm this or Primary ed. In the end, this course and Huddersfield uni just felt right. I would love to chat to other coursemates!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    Ah in the end I decided not to accept this course! I was really close to accepting it as Huddersfield is a fantastic university and the course does sound interesting. The reason I turned it down is for the same reason you outlined above - I wasn't sure what else I could do with it other than teaching/other work with children. Since I am however keen on doing a PGCE teacher qualification after my degree, I've decided to study a national curriculum subject combined with education studies for my degree, good if I want to teach as universities are now demanding degrees in national curriculum subjects to enter teaching, but also leaves other options open if I get sick of kids! but I'd say if you are a dead cert that you want to work with kids then the degree is a good pathway to lots of different careers with children apart from just teaching. So its really up to you! If you're certain working with kids is what you want to do - go for it - otherwise, you might want to choose another degree that might leave you more options when you finish. Good Luck deciding

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.