Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I was wondering if anyone could help me.
    Basically I need to make my system save the player who is currently logged on (this will, of course, need to reset when the player logs off) and then save the player's score for a quiz in a table (in the players own record).
    I have been trying to get this to work for a while to no avail so hopefully someone out there knows
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza97)
    Hi,
    So I was wondering if anyone could help me.
    Basically I need to make my system save the player who is currently logged on (this will, of course, need to reset when the player logs off) and then save the player's score for a quiz in a table (in the players own record).
    I have been trying to get this to work for a while to no avail so hopefully someone out there knows
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    To be honest, this is a pretty vague requirement.

There are many ways of saving/reloading information for use by a specific program - you could investigate registry settings, text files, xml files, database tables and other things.

I would tend to avoid mucking about with the registry unless it's a simple overall program setting that you're storing, but you could look into all the other options and see what you can come up with.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, not sure if what I actually need was clear or not in the last post. Basically the system needs to 'recognise' who is logged on and then save to that user's record in the 'results' table for that quiz. Is this basically the same or is there anything simpler I could do?
    Really sorry, not very good at vba or sql
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    If your doing this threw a form application, which I believe you are.

Then it's pretty easy to create a login system on Visual Studio, there is many tutorials on YouTube. Or PM me if you want.

The problem is having the system recognise the player is logged in, and obviously to save the result in a table the most efficient way to do this would be to create a DB and link it to your form.

The actual SQL coding that you need really isn't too difficult and you should be able to find it pretty easy buy having a look online a little!

Kind regards
    - Super

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.