Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone planning on going to Leeds/already at Leeds knows what happens if on results day you miss your grade by one? Like for my course (Accounting & Finance) I need 3 A's.. if say for instance I was to get AAB would it automatically mean I couldn't go there?

Really stressing as I have 13 exams starting May/June time but I'm sure I'm not the only one!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Firstly, don't stress! I know exams are just around the corner, and they are very important, but you can do it, we at Leeds centrality believe in you, as we made you an offer

Whilst we can't guarantee that we'll be able to accept you, when it come to results day we look at people in batches:

Must accept - the applicants who meet the offer we made them, we confirm their place
    Can accept - the applicants who narrowly miss their offer, but we could still accept them dependant on what they achieved, and how the other applicants fared.
    Can't accept - the applicants who don't meet the conditions of their offer, and unfortunately their grades mean we cannot accept them (e.g. they needed an A in a particular subject but got a lower grade).

On results day you'll be able to visit a page on our website, where you enter your student number and it will show if you have been accepted or not (I think you can also do this through UCAS track). So it's not nessicarily an automatic no, but we can't guarantee your place if you don't meet your offer.

Of course this will vary across subjects as well, it's not something that we can confirm specifically unfortunately.

I hope that's helpful - let me know if you have any other questions

Amanda
    University of Leeds

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.