Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay so since my phone is in repair I had to get a new one, temporarily. I went to Carphone warehouse and got a Pay as you go phone with a SIM from T Mobile.

Stupidly, I thought the people who worked there had a vague clue what they were doing.

I paid £20 as a top up included. When I tried to text it is not working, meaning it is not activated or the money is not added, I assume. I tried to go online but there is something wrong with the website. They redirect me to EE and I am unable to fill in the activation code.

I call T Mobile fro Skype. They ask for the SIM number to activate my phone. I give him the number on the back of my SIM, he says that's not it. He asks if it's on the box, but there is only the IMEI and MATERIAL that are listed there.
    The brochures I've been given are just general stuff about Nokia and EE.

Is this remotely possible? I have not actually been given my SIM number?

He told me it should start with 8 and none of mine do. I can't believe this is possible. I need this phone working TONIGHT.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.