Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Bored and going crazy studying in a foreign country, help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so since last September I've been studying in Spain as an Erasmus student, in a small city in the south called Jaen.

For the first 4 months from September to December, I was really enjoying it. It was a new place, I was picking up a different language, the group of other students was generally good, a lot of parties happening, etc.

However, since I've come back from Christmas I've just become sick of this place. I don't really like the new group of students as much, and there's not nearly as much happening.

I've only really got a couple of friends here now, and it's hard to get to know the actual Spanish people themselves here.

I think it's always like that when you're in one place too long, and more than anything I just want so desperately to go back to London where I'm from.

I have a lot more friends there, and obviously there's also a lot more to do. However, I won't be able to go back until the end of June when I finish my exams.

Anyone else had the same/similar experience?

ReputationRep:
    Moved to friends, family and work

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I have any experience but the best advice I could give would be to remember that realistically it's not all that long until even the end of June OP. Just make the most of what you have left (do you have the resources to do a little bit of travelling round the country perhaps?), appreciate that you still have those couple of friends, focus on your exams and you'll be back in London before you know it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.