Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are they mocking me or do they like me? Watch

I need to get the this straight because if the guy does like me ore something then I need to go confront him for personal reasons.

I always go to this coffee shop down from where I live to revise for exams, I went there during GCSE's, christmas break, mock exam study leave and now its easter holiday so Im revising for my AS exams.
    Now every time I show up the group of guys that work there would all start to smile, not like customer smile, but more like they're mocking smile/laughing at one of their other guys friends.

There was this once I ordered a drink and the guy told me he would bring it over to me, and when I got the drink there was flowers and hearts drawn on the cup. I have no idea which guy drew it in the coffee shop but I just felt a bit awkward receiving it.
    Another instance is when they come clear up tables, they seem to come in pairs and one guy will always start to smile at his friend. I just pretend Im not looking because I don't know whether they are mocking me or have some interest in me.

What do you guys think?
    Thanks for any replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need to get the this straight because if the guy does like me ore something then I need to go confront him for personal reasons.

I always go to this coffee shop down from where I live to revise for exams, I went there during GCSE's, christmas break, mock exam study leave and now its easter holiday so Im revising for my AS exams.
    Now every time I show up the group of guys that work there would all start to smile, not like customer smile, but more like they're mocking smile/laughing at one of their other guys friends.

There was this once I ordered a drink and the guy told me he would bring it over to me, and when I got the drink there was flowers and hearts drawn on the cup. I have no idea which guy drew it in the coffee shop but I just felt a bit awkward receiving it.
    Another instance is when they come clear up tables, they seem to come in pairs and one guy will always start to smile at his friend. I just pretend Im not looking because I don't know whether they are mocking me or have some interest in me.

What do you guys think?
    Thanks for any replies
    they love you

ReputationRep:

What do you guys think?
    Thanks for any replies
    Maybe, just laugh it off, I don't think it'll come to any harm

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they definitely have an interest

ReputationRep:
    Some form of interest, maybe next time smile back at them and watch their reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's of no consequence.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like one of the guys fancies you, and perhaps the others are teasing him about it because he's too shy to talk to you or something?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...

I know why don't you get your own sharpie pen or whatever can write on mugs and send a message back to them when you leave, or write a note... Then the next you come in see what they do.

I hope they like you, because being mocked isn't very nice, I've been mocked before (well I think I was moked before?) During year 9 and 10, IIjust laughed it off sometimes or I was really rude to them because I got pissed, and they sort of went quite and didn't say anything for the rest of the lesson.

So like I said write a message to them or something and see what happens.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

(Original post by rougetas)
    Some form of interest, maybe next time smile back at them and watch their reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually did one, but i got really nervous because i was scared. I don't think that showed through, again I don't know which guy it is (if they do like me) but they always smile back

(Original post by XxSophie01xX)
    Sounds to me like one of the guys fancies you, and perhaps the others are teasing him about it because he's too shy to talk to you or something?
    got any suggestions as to how I can find out which guy it is and what I could say to them?

(Original post by ninja_dragon)
    Hmmm...

I know why don't you get your own sharpie pen or whatever can write on mugs and send a message back to them when you leave, or write a note... Then the next you come in see what they do.

I hope they like you, because being mocked isn't very nice, I've been mocked before (well I think I was moked before?) During year 9 and 10, IIjust laughed it off sometimes or I was really rude to them because I got pissed, and they sort of went quite and didn't say anything for the rest of the lesson.

So like I said write a message to them or something and see what happens.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    I hope they are not mocking me too :s
    Got any recommendations ad to what I could write on the cup?

ReputationRep:
    got any suggestions as to how I can find out which guy it is and what I could say to them?
    I'm not sure, I would have thought you'd recognise which one is acting goofy and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I hope they are not mocking me too :s
    Got any recommendations ad to what I could write on the cup?
    Hmmm....

Just say > HEY! < and draw a smiley face, or you could just doodle a random picture and add flowers and hearts and stuff and see their reaction because if one of them likes you (or even all of them!) They might say something to you? Hopefully? Guys are sooooooo confusing when they want to be!

Hmmm....

Just say > HEY! < and draw a smiley face, or you could just doodle a random picture and add flowers and hearts and stuff and see their reaction because if one of them likes you (or even all of them!) They might say something to you? Hopefully? Guys are sooooooo confusing when they want to be!
    Thanks for that! I'm going to try it

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Can you message me their reaction to it? (Not to be weird or anything!) I'm just curious on what will happen.

ReputationRep:
    I actually did one, but i got really nervous because i was scared. I don't think that showed through, again I don't know which guy it is (if they do like me) but they always smile back
    Hmm if they are smiling back when you do, then there is a good chance one of them likes you. Maybe try being bold, write a simple note and leave it on the table you sit at, make small talk when they come over, maybe even watch closely enough to see who it could possibly be that likes you. I'm hoping they are not mocking you though, that would be horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ps I would recommend not a sharpie but something wipe able?! surely they would not want a mug that then has to be thrown?
    Pls sounds cute I hope they like you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What do you guys think?
    Thanks for any replies
    Yeah I think they probably fancy you. The fact you sit there revising as well probably makes you look quite cute. And also driven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Gee)
    Yeah I think they probably fancy you. The fact you sit there revising as well probably makes you look quite cute. And also driven.
    Cor you've already fallen in love. I hope you don't discover adult chatrooms.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....

I personally wouldn't do that, tbh it's a bit... first year of secondary school, and if they're just messing about they'll find it funny and laugh at you. Just strike up a joking conversation when they come to take your cup away about the hearts if they draw it again and see where it goes from there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.