Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I started uni in sept 2013 and due to various issues I've failed more or less all of my modules. I was forcefully withdrawn from my course and I really am devastated because I was just starting to find my feet.

I've been told that I can apply again for the 2014 entry and Sheffield is the only place I want to be. What are my chances of getting admission the second time round after they've asked me to leave? Would it help my chances if I applied for another course in a different department?

Many thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eagle Eyee)
    Hi,

I started uni in sept 2013 and due to various issues I've failed more or less all of my modules. I was forcefully withdrawn from my course and I really am devastated because I was just starting to find my feet.

I've been told that I can apply again for the 2014 entry and Sheffield is the only place I want to be. What are my chances of getting admission the second time round after they've asked me to leave? Would it help my chances if I applied for another course in a different department?

Many thanks
    Hi,

I've been in touch with SSiD (the Student Services Information Desk, based in Student Services) to see about the best way we can help you with this, and they've suggested that you get in touch with them directly to talk things through. Do you think you would be able to do this? They will be able to talk to you in a personal and confidential space, and give you advice on your next steps. We realise that it's difficult to talk properly about something like this in a public forum like TSR, but if you can speak to someone in SSiD and offer them a few more details about your course and your situation, we'll be able to give you better and more personal advice.

You can get in touch with SSiD either by emailing [email protected] or phoning 0114 222 1299. Or, if you're still in Sheffield, you can drop in to the desk and ask to speak to someone in private - we're based in the Union, next to New Leaf and the Student Advice Centre.

Please let me know if there's anything more I can help you with - we will do our best to help you with this in any way we can.

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team (Student Services) at the University of Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The University of Sheffield)
    Hi,

I've been in touch with SSiD (the Student Services Information Desk, based in Student Services) to see about the best way we can help you with this, and they've suggested that you get in touch with them directly to talk things through. Do you think you would be able to do this? They will be able to talk to you in a personal and confidential space, and give you advice on your next steps. We realise that it's difficult to talk properly about something like this in a public forum like TSR, but if you can speak to someone in SSiD and offer them a few more details about your course and your situation, we'll be able to give you better and more personal advice.

You can get in touch with SSiD either by emailing [email protected] or phoning 0114 222 1299. Or, if you're still in Sheffield, you can drop in to the desk and ask to speak to someone in private - we're based in the Union, next to New Leaf and the Student Advice Centre.

Please let me know if there's anything more I can help you with - we will do our best to help you with this in any way we can.

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team (Student Services) at the University of Sheffield
    Thank you SO much, I will call tomorrow

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.