Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

The UCAS deadline is coming up, and I'm having trouble choosing a university. I got offers from both Warwick and Royal Holloway for psychology, and have some questions for anyone who has done the course/or has any knowledge of university
    I know Warwick has the general better reputation, but why is the student satisfaction and raking low for psychology, opposite to Royal Holloway, which is lower in the league tables, yet higher in psych itself? Should that matter?
    Which one is better, and how important will my choice university be after 5 years?
    They're both campus unis without much going on around them, but RH is near London, which seems like a big asset to me. How often does anyone actually go to centre London, and should that be a viable factor in making my choice of uni?
    I'm just scared I'll get very bored in Warwick and ruin the entire uni experience :/

Thanks for any input

ReputationRep:
    What did you end up doing?? I have the exact same dilemna right now and UCAS deadline is on Tuesday! Please let me know what your experience was and if you are happy with your choice.

Best, Yars

ReputationRep:
    TSR article with lots of advice about choosing Firm/Insurance - read it all :
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

This is Royal Holloway Psych Commitee and first we want to wish you all luck in your upcoming exams and hope to see you next year! We all love the department and the university and would be happy to answer any questions you have. You don't have to be thinking of studying Psychology, everyone and anyone is welcome!

If you want to see what we do at RHUL, ask any questions and keep updated with our latest events follow us on twitter @RHULPsychSoc or follow us on instagram @rhulpsychsoc

Soon we will be creating a facebook page for this years freshers so you can chat to current students and see what we have planned for freshers week!

Good Luck and roll on freshers 2016!!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick by far is much more prestigious nationally and is much more internationally known, connected with the american Ivies, Brown, UPenn, Cornell and even others such as UCLA and UCBerkeley. Opening a California campus too, imagine all your opportunities! The grad prospects are far stronger. Royal Holloway can't compete with Warwick at all. Good luck!!

Social life is AMAZING at Warwick too! There is so much! Inbox me if you have specific q's

ReputationRep:
    If you want to stay within psychology the two are fairly comparable. RHUL has a very good psychology department, its own DClinPsy programme and has a good track record for it's psychology graduates getting onto various psychology doctoral training courses. The department is friendlier and more supportive at RHUL from what I have heard, and their is a tight knit community in a pleasant campus.

However, if you are more interested in generic graduate schemes or roles in multinational corporations or well known companies Warwick may give you the edge as it is better known of the two. Its a bigger university where you may be exposed to more people and have more scope for interdsciplinary learning. Or you are more motivated by impressing your parents/friends/strangers about where you went to university it would help with that. Ultimately, it will depend on what you intend to do after you graduate.

ReputationRep:
    This is a very old thread !

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.