Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What do with a girl's unwanted advances? Watch

Basically this girl in the last few months has joined our social circle, and it appears the sole reason why she has is to get to know as many guys as possible and try and date them.
    She's a bit frustrating really as it's just so transparent, and seems a bit desperate.

For example when she first joined she very quickly got all the guys numbers. She texted me, and said "hey I have your number now, that's so cooll!!" XXx . I did not give here number, she got it off a friend. Now I get annoying texts from her. The funny thing is, she sent the exact same message to a friend if mine.

She always wears low cut tops and is always bending down infront of me, or when in our group of friends, she might be in the corner readjusting her top...stuff like that.
    Another thing she did- she was complaining how she always gets sunburnt on her chest and said she needs to get into the habit of rubbing sun cream in- complete with actions.

I don't mind hugs, but she hugs me and others at any given opportunity.
    She will sit right up close, put her and on your knee, cuddle up to you, etc, etc.

She even 'cockblocks' (I hate that word, sorry!). With a girl I actually like and I'm getting somewhere with- we were having a one on one talk, when this girl comes up to me, hugs me from behind and said she missed seeing me last time (?!?!?).

And just to be clear- she does this win every guy in the group. We all find it frustrating.

The ridiculous thing is, you'll think I'd like it- I'm crap at attracting girls, haven't had a relationship and only been on one date and asked one date out...but the way this girl acts and the desperation is such a turn off.

(I'm keep anon as several people I know are on here and know my profile, so don't want them knowing it's me!)

ReputationRep:
    Roman Orgy. Its the only logical solution I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Best advice is to tell her to get off you, . it's harsh but she needs to learn that people have their own space. If she reacts or insults you ignore it. It just means she's offended,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's worse when you're talking to a girl, then she walks over and she want's to be introduced to your "friend".

Just do what I do. Hate on all of her friends.

(Original post by Scott.)
    It's worse when you're talking to a girl, then she walks over and she want's to be introduced to your "friend".

Just do what I do. Hate on all of her friends.
    She didn't even want to be introduced to her! She just came over, hugged me, apologised for interrupting our conversation, stood between me and the girl and blabbed away at me...then the girl I liked walked off!

Ha, well I'm not really into doing stuff like that, and I don't know any of her friends!

(Original post by sufferin succotash)
    Best advice is to tell her to get off you, . it's harsh but she needs to learn that people have their own space. If she reacts or insults you ignore it. It just means she's offended,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just riding it out atm and hoping that my lack of interest will put her off, but if not I'll will have to say something.

ReputationRep:
    "Could I ask that you please stop 'coming on' to me? I don't mind you as a friend, but the flirting is just embarrassing both of us."

ReputationRep:
    You need to be blunt with her, but not in a harsh way. Don't embarrass her, but don't let her get away with acting like this. If you don't feel comfortable and if she's cockblocking you then mate seriously don't put up with it hahahahaha.

(Original post by Crumpet1)
    "Could I ask that you please stop 'coming on' to me? I don't mind you as a friend, but the flirting is just embarrassing both of us."
    I'll think I would mind her as a friend though...haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She didn't even want to be introduced to her! She just came over, hugged me, apologised for interrupting our conversation, stood between me and the girl and blabbed away at me...then the girl I liked walked off!

Ha, well I'm not really into doing stuff like that, and I don't know any of her friends!
    That sounds annoying.

What I did pissed her off so much, that she actually despised me lol.

Just say it straight to her face.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she's just chronically insecure and needs the validation of being the centre of attention.

Avoid!

(Original post by Joanna121)
    You need to be blunt with her, but not in a harsh way. Don't embarrass her, but don't let her get away with acting like this. If you don't feel comfortable and if she's cockblocking you then mate seriously don't put up with it hahahahaha.
    I think she's already embarrassed herself! All my guy friends in our social circle have said the same thing, and we aren't quite sure how to handle it!
    If we all tell her to back off, then that might look like some collective effort to make her feel small.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's already embarrassed herself! All my guy friends in our social circle have said the same thing, and we aren't quite sure how to handle it!
    If we all tell her to back off, then that might look like some collective effort to make her feel small.
    Hmm, well I guess what you could do is gradually just shun her out of your friendship group? If you all stop talking to her and stop inviting her out with you then maybe she might get the hint?
    Saying that, some girls do take the "less interest" as a guys secret code to playing hard to get.. :rolleyes:

Maybe she's doing it unintentionally and doesn't realise that she's coming across so strong.

ReputationRep:
    Block her number, if your on Facebook or other social media whatever and she's befriended you or something bloke her on that as well, if she asks you why you blocked her tell it to her straight that she's a pain in the butt. Hopefully she'll get the message! Good luck!

Also if she interrupts you while talking to someone else just tell her that you were talking to someone and keep talking and ignore her, that'll hopefully work!

(Original post by ninja_dragon)
    Block her number, if your on Facebook or other social media whatever and she's befriended you or something bloke her on that as well, if she asks you why you blocked her tell it to her straight that she's a pain in the butt. Hopefully she'll get the message! Good luck!

Also if she interrupts you while talking to someone else just tell her that you were talking to someone and keep talking and ignore her, that'll hopefully work!
    I might have to do that, though I'd rather try and tell her to back off without having to do the blocking stuff.

Yeah I said, "oh erm hi, wasn't aware I missed anything and two secs I'm just talking with ******" to which she replied "oh I won't be long babe...blah blah blah blah" to which the girl I was talking to have me a kind of 'helpless look' and whispered that she'll catch again later."

And our friend who is rubbish with girls, is socially awkward himself, can't speak to girls was cornered by her, and she was just talking at him- he was pleading with his eyes at us to get him out of there!
    So I went somewhere else, called him and pretended to be 'his girlfriend' on the phone to get him out of there...and the lucky sod hasn't been bothered by her since! Haha

ReputationRep:
    I might have to do that, though I'd rather try and tell her to back off without having to do the blocking stuff.

Yeah I said, "oh erm hi, wasn't aware I missed anything and two secs I'm just talking with ******" to which she replied "oh I won't be long babe...blah blah blah blah" to which the girl I was talking to have me a kind of 'helpless look' and whispered that she'll catch again later."

And our friend who is rubbish with girls, is socially awkward himself, can't speak to girls was cornered by her, and she was just talking at him- he was pleading with his eyes at us to get him out of there!
    So I went somewhere else, called him and pretended to be 'his girlfriend' on the phone to get him out of there...and the lucky sod hasn't been bothered by her since! Haha
    So beta
    Just kidding, but seriously it doesn't sound like you tried very hard. She was very rude so you have the right to be rude back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by marinaim)
    So beta
    Just kidding, but seriously it doesn't sound like you tried very hard. She was very rude so you have the right to be rude back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha. Nah I don't do the tit for tat stuff, or arguments- never had to deal with any crap like that within our social circle.
    I might just have to lay down some boundaries though.

ReputationRep:

sometimes you have to be really mean and harsh with people for them to get the message. You could get a friend of yours to do the same thing and pretend you already have a girlfriend? hopefully she'll get the message?

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like an annoying brat, OP you need to talk to her in private - excluding anywhere where she might jump at you and tell her nicely. If being nice doesn't work, then you have to be harsh. Unless you want to be stuck with her forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who would go with the most practical and obvious solution and just have given her what she wants, and done her ten times?

It's terribly sad but sometimes you just have to put other people's needs before your own.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.