Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Bulk up legs help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to build my leg muscles and focus on them because i have skinny legs. I would focus on the upper body next year. What exercises should i do apart from squats and deadlifts to build leg muscles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was going to help then I read:

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I would focus on the upper body next year.
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Universityofme)
    I was going to help then I read:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    I will still do them but my focus is on legs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I heard that squats are good.

ReputationRep:
    Squat and deadlift, then do them some more, then some more. You really don't need to do anything else if you do enough weight/volume with them. If/when you can do them with good form then you can do variation of them too- front squat, deficit deadlift etc- but you don't even really need to do variations either.

The thing with focusing on legs is, there's no point. You can easily fit some pressing and rows into your routine even if doing lower body 4x a week. Putting effort into upper body exercises isn't going to take away from lower body exercises unless you have really, really exceptionally awful recovery, sleep and diet which you almost certainly don't.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.