Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Would you still have sex with your friends with benefit if you're in a relationship? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Also, is it okay for you if your partner sleeps with others?
    And is it okay for you to make your best friends become your friends with benefit?

Tell me how do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe for some couples but for me it be a definite no way. It only lead to problems.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be discussed with your partner. Some couples will agree that it is ok, and so then when they have sex with other people, it does not hurt their partner since it has been agreed already within the relationship. Personally I don't think I would like that in a relationship, I would prefer to not have FWB as well. But who knows what I will think in the future, your mind can change a lot on a few years and I'm only young.

ReputationRep:
    Some couples may want that but for me personally I wouldn't want either

ReputationRep:
    Personally? NO.

ReputationRep:
    If you're sleeping with other people while you're in a relationship, you're not really in a relationship, in my opinion. I wouldn't want a boyfriend of mine to be sleeping with other people and I wouldn't expect him to be okay with me doing it either.

Making an existing friend into a FWB is different, I think it's doable, but you need to be careful that you're both on the same page and are not going to let it interfere with the friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Threesome or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Just be single?

ReputationRep:
    no waaay...

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeresaCho)
    Would you still have sex with your friends with benefit if you're in a relationship?
    And is it okay for you to make your best friends become your friends with benefit?

Tell me how do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    - No. o.o
    - No. I used to think I would be absolutely fine with 'cheating', that it wasn't a problem and that so long as I was the one above it all, it would be fine. But, as I said in the other thread, then I 'fell' in love. I think few relationships that are polyamorous can have true love.
    - Certainly, if both people are mature about it and understand what they are getting into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthonym)
    I think it should be discussed with your partner. Some couples will agree that it is ok, and so then when they have sex with other people, it does not hurt their partner since it has been agreed already within the relationship. Personally I don't think I would like that in a relationship, I would prefer to not have FWB as well. But who knows what I will think in the future, your mind can change a lot on a few years and I'm only young.
    Nah.

However much you 'agree' - people will get hurt.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a proper relationship if you do.

ReputationRep:
    if youre in a dedicated relationship then no. in an open relationship, yes. but dont work on the assumption that in any relationship this would be ok. in fact in most it wouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeresaCho)

Tell me how do you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely yes. It diversifies the relationship. You get more action and different kinds of it, what's not to love

ReputationRep:
    Nope I believe in monogamy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Nah.

However much you 'agree' - people will get hurt.
    Yeah that's my opinion too, but I've known people who seem fine in open relationships, the concept is a bit alien to me.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  3qt1bq.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  16.1 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.