Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mobile contract, premium service scam Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    for the past few months I have been getting texts from a company called KKO mobile who are charging me for a service I have never subscribed to. Obviously as soon as I noticed i called up orange who has told me that I was unsubscribed from it however I still get these charges popping up on my bill and has cost me over £40 so far, although I have complained to orange and they have told me it will come off my next bill. But they only refund the money that is pre vat although on my bill it states that it a non vat transaction which has pissed me off, is there anything I can do in regards to getting this premium number blocked on my phone? Or will I have to keep calling orange up and never getting a full refund for a service I have never subscribed to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocksandsocks)
    Hi all,
    for the past few months I have been getting texts from a company called KKO mobile who are charging me for a service I have never subscribed to. Obviously as soon as I noticed i called up orange who has told me that I was unsubscribed from it however I still get these charges popping up on my bill and has cost me over £40 so far, although I have complained to orange and they have told me it will come off my next bill. But they only refund the money that is pre vat although on my bill it states that it a non vat transaction which has pissed me off, is there anything I can do in regards to getting this premium number blocked on my phone? Or will I have to keep calling orange up and never getting a full refund for a service I have never subscribed to?
    Phone them regarding this if it happens again, and specifically ask them if you are unsubscribed from this service, and ask if he can tell you the date you were unsubscribed. Take note of the date, time, and name of caller.

Write a letter of complaint, be very concise though, don't drivel, and tell them that you keep being charged for this service, even though [name of person] you called, on x date at x time has said you are not subscribed to this service, and haven't been side x date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Phone them regarding this if it happens again, and specifically ask them if you are unsubscribed from this service, and ask if he can tell you the date you were unsubscribed. Take note of the date, time, and name of caller.

Write a letter of complaint, be very concise though, don't drivel, and tell them that you keep being charged for this service, even though [name of person] you called, on x date at x time has said you are not subscribed to this service, and haven't been side x date.
    Thank you

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.