Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Worried about the implant affecting me Watch

So I am hoping for some personal stories about what happened after you got the implant. I have exams coming in may and June and am just a bit worried if I get the implant that it will affect me before my A levels. Any opinions on whether to get it before or after my exams?

bump

I haven't got an implant but I'm considering trying maybe either the mini pill or Mirena in the near future. I'm going to leave it until I've finished uni for the summer as I've never been on any hormonal contraceptives so I'm not sure how I'll react, so I'd personally recommend waiting until after your exams if youre concerned that the side effects might effect your performance. Have you ever been on the mini pill/depo? These use the same hormone as the implant, so if you've been fine on those you'll probably be ok with an implant.

ReputationRep:
    I have had the implant for over a year now and would recommend it, have had almost no issues other than I when I first got it, I had slight mood changes and was a bit moody and my period was irregular for a while and smaller then stopped completely. However now it is just grate and am glad I got an implant instead of the pill. But it could effect you in a totally different way, Irregular periods may be a bit stressful before exams. But it could also be completely fine it affects different people in different ways. Hope that helped ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.