Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im moving to the UK in a few months and i recently i have been accepted in IB and since my school Ib subjects are limited can anyone recommend an affordable IB school in the UK having the right subjects for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaTajeddine)
    Hi,
    Im moving to the UK in a few months and i recently i have been accepted in IB and since my school Ib subjects are limited can anyone recommend an affordable IB school in the UK having the right subjects for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subjects does the school offer? The only subjects that would beneficial for law are HL English and History, if your current school offers those there is no need to change schools. There aren't any subjects required to study law so you'll be fine if you don't take those subjects. Just take academic subjects (avoid things like Business and management/social and cultural anthropology, maths studies, ess, psychology - they are considered 'soft' subjects)/essay based subjects (such as economics/geography, if offered) and your set!

ReputationRep:
    Check al the schools and sixth form colleges in your area, not necessarily private or boarding schools, as some do offer IB. Otherwise, I know the IB site can list all IB schools.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sevenoaks
    Malvern
    Cheltenham Ladies College
    Fettes College
    Marlborough College
    St Leonards School
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    Sevenoaks
    Malvern
    Cheltenham Ladies College
    Fettes College
    Marlborough College
    St Leonards School

Hi,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically this, also Marlborough I think.

I went to Malvern myself though I took A-levels though the school is definitely strong for IB with at least one person getting 45 points for the last 5 years and about half of people getting 38 or higher. The fees are high for boarders but then again - most of the schools that are known internationally for IB are even higher. There are a LOT of international students, maybe around half the school or maybe more, these are predominantly from Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    Basically this, also Marlborough I think.

I went to Malvern myself though I took A-levels though the school is definitely strong for IB with at least one person getting 45 points for the last 5 years and about half of people getting 38 or higher. The fees are high for boarders but then again - most of the schools that are known internationally for IB are even higher. There are a LOT of international students, maybe around half the school or maybe more, these are predominantly from Germany.
    I said Marlborough

I was at Fettes, and I think we're on par with Malvern for IB results.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    D
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    I said Marlborough

I was at Fettes, and I think we're on par with Malvern for IB results.
    Didn't see it...

Oh, so you know Sunny Jain? Gotta love the pink and brown striped blazer, I want one!

ReputationRep:
    Quite a late reply to the thread but just wanted to say that Cheltenham Ladies' College has brilliant IB results but are definitely not 'affordable' for most. Then again, I guess it's worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i finished year 10IB and got accepted in a british school ill continue sixth form ? It says its 16+ and Ill turn 16 in october i have no idea whats going on..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i finished year 10IB and got accepted in a british school ill continue sixth form ? It says its 16+ and Ill turn 16 in october i have no idea whats going on..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually you should be 16 on September first of the year your start but if you're a month under that's not a problem different systems move at different paces!

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.