Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    In paper 3 HL eco is the math counted hard ? They didnt accept me in HL ECO with an average of 19.3 because of my math grade.I sure dont like math i find it illogical and just useless. Can anyone help please ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaTajeddine)
    In paper 3 HL eco is the math counted hard ? They didnt accept me in HL ECO with an average of 19.3 because of my math grade.I sure dont like math i find it illogical and just useless. Can anyone help please ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm starting IB next year and am taking HL Economics - i've been informed that the maths involved is very easy so i don't know why you aren't allowed to take it. Can you explain your maths mark to me since I don't understand the maths course your taking - this will give me a better idea of what your maths skill set is like.

ReputationRep:
    My math grade currently is a 12.8 and was accepted to standard level conditionally. Then why aren't i accepted to HL eco ? I can do simple math but lack the detailed solving in algebra.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My math grade currently is a 12.8 and was accepted to standard level conditionally. Then why aren't i accepted to HL eco ? I can do simple math but lack the detailed solving in algebra.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you've been accepted into standard level maths (i'll be doing it myself) than you most certainly are capable of doing paper 3 of the economics exam! Your school not accepted you is certainly odd. What exactly is the highest grade you can get in your current maths course?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thats gonna seem awkward but the highest ive achieved is a 16 and its not quite often as i have a gap in all math IB chapters, basically IB chapter dont include lots of geometry and my weakness is in algebra. I was accepted to
    HL history
    HL arabic
    HL ITGS
    SL BIO
    SL Math
    SL English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thats gonna seem awkward but the highest ive achieved is a 16 and its not quite often as i have a gap in all math IB chapters, basically IB chapter dont include lots of geometry and my weakness is in algebra. I was accepted to
    HL history
    HL arabic
    HL ITGS
    SL BIO
    SL Math
    SL English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see..hmm. I think you'd be able to manage hl economics. Maybe try to convince your school by telling them that taking the subject is crucial for the career you'd like to pursue. Also ask them whether they can give you permission to do the course for the first month or so to see how you fair - that seems like a pretty reasonable compensation to me.

Pertaining SL Maths - you need to make sure your algebra is solid before you start the course as everything builds up on algebra. Not having strong algebra skills couldn't seriously hinder your performance in the course.

Btw, what do you intend on studying in the future? Your subject combination seems quite odd!

ReputationRep:
    Law or journalism.
    My subjects prepare me well in writing especially ITGS and HIST and having many languages: Bulgarian english german and arabic is a plus for a law degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Law or journalism.
    My subjects prepare me well in writing especially ITGS and HIST and having many languages: Bulgarian english german and arabic is a plus for a law degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you intend on studying law or journalism i HIGHLY recommend you take HL English as it would be more beneficial to you in the long run, switch it out with HL ITGS.

ReputationRep:
    Our school subjects are limited for IB its only offers HL History HL ECO , Math, Chemistry,Bio, Physics German Arabic and ITGS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our school subjects are limited for IB its only offers HL History HL ECO , Math, Chemistry,Bio, Physics German Arabic and ITGS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a pity then. Stick to HL ITGS then but only if they don't allow you take HL Economics (which is respected by universities, ITGS isn't). Try as hard as you can to take economics, if your persistence doesn't work call in your parents to sort things out with your school as they have no legitimate reason to stop you from taking HL Economics. Hope everything works out - Good Luck!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.