The Student Room Group

Should I drop Sociology or Law?

Hi there, I'm currently taking 4 A Level subjects, Eng Lit, Econs, Law and Sociology and I'll be taking my AS next month. Eng Lit is unfortunately my only "traditional" subject because my country favours sciences and my subject combination was the only combination available to me that did not require me to take a Science. I plan to read Law in university (and possibly a combined degree with English) and I'm wondering if having Law for A2 would weaken by university application.

Besides that my country does A Levels in 18 months so I'll be taking my AS in summer and my A2 in winter but at this moment, my Sociology teacher has not taught us any A2 syllabus and I'm rather worried that she won't be able to complete the entire syllabus in 3 months before our A2.

Law is my stronger subject (I'm predicted an A) but I understand it is not a preferred subject by some universities, however my class is really behind on our Sociology A2 and I'm worried I won't be able to catch up in time for A2 and risk failing the entire exam.
Universities aren't actually that fussed about you taking A-level Law, and to be honest I'd say compared to sociology they might actually prefer it. If you're going to do better at Law, I'd say take it. English Lit, Economics and Law would, in terms of subject choice, be fine for the vast majority of universities; it's the grades they're generally more concerned with.
Reply 2
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Universities aren't actually that fussed about you taking A-level Law, and to be honest I'd say compared to sociology they might actually prefer it. If you're going to do better at Law, I'd say take it. English Lit, Economics and Law would, in terms of subject choice, be fine for the vast majority of universities; it's the grades they're generally more concerned with.

Alright, thank you for the advice! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest