Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Im struggling to get the algebra right on past paper questions, for example on integration questions I would get everything right until the final answer and then end up getting an error carried forward, anyone know how I could fix this?

ReputationRep:
    Just be more careful and make sure you know why each operation does or does not work. Whenever you end up with the wrong answer, go carefully through your work and note down exactly where you made the error.

I'm always making stupid errors in mechanics, and the only way is to find out where you went wrong and not do that mistake again.

ReputationRep:
    Do exactly as felamaslen has said: Check through every single step of the working. It helps to cover up your working out, so you are not tempted to just skim through it.
    Actually work it out as if you were doing it from the start.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.