Can't get algebra right :/

Watch this thread
mica-lwe
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Im struggling to get the algebra right on past paper questions, for example on integration questions I would get everything right until the final answer and then end up getting an error carried forward, anyone know how I could fix this?
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Just be more careful and make sure you know why each operation does or does not work. Whenever you end up with the wrong answer, go carefully through your work and note down exactly where you made the error.

I'm always making stupid errors in mechanics, and the only way is to find out where you went wrong and not do that mistake again.
elldeegee
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Do exactly as felamaslen has said: Check through every single step of the working. It helps to cover up your working out, so you are not tempted to just skim through it.
Actually work it out as if you were doing it from the start.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (68)
66.02%
No (26)
25.24%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.74%

Watched Threads