Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello

i was wondering what sort of financial aid university of miami uses? I've looked on their website and can't seem to find much on it for international students

(also if you have any other universities that offer good financial aid then please tell me)

thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    If you're an international student, expect to get little no aid at any American University.

ReputationRep:
    The only universities that offer substantial aid to foreign students are, roughly, the top 20 universities and liberal arts colleges in the US - which includes the likes of Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Dartmouth, Amherst, Skidmore, Williams, University of Chicago.

Yale, Amherst, Dartmouth, MIT, Harvard and Princeton are need-blind and meet full-need for international students (meaning they'll accept you without regard to your financial need, and give you all the money you need to attend).

University of Miami is not one of the schools that's need blind for international students, nor do they meet need (you could have to pay full cost as an international student).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYU2012)
    The only universities that offer substantial aid to foreign students are, roughly, the top 20 universities and liberal arts colleges in the US - which includes the likes of Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Dartmouth, Amherst, Skidmore, Williams, University of Chicago.

Yale, Amherst, Dartmouth, MIT, Harvard and Princeton are need-blind and meet full-need for international students (meaning they'll accept you without regard to your financial need, and give you all the money you need to attend).

University of Miami is not one of the schools that's need blind for international students, nor do they meet need (you could have to pay full cost as an international student).
    You forget merit scholarships!

Miami has a decent selection of merit scholarships available to international students ranging from partial tuition to full tuition. I believe they also have some sort of need-based aid available but as NYU2012 said, they most likely won't be as generous as the top 20-30 schools.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.