University of Miami Financial aid? Watch

Basketball7120
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello

i was wondering what sort of financial aid university of miami uses? I've looked on their website and can't seem to find much on it for international students

(also if you have any other universities that offer good financial aid then please tell me)

thanks a lot!
American_student
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're an international student, expect to get little no aid at any American University.
NYU℠
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
The only universities that offer substantial aid to foreign students are, roughly, the top 20 universities and liberal arts colleges in the US - which includes the likes of Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Dartmouth, Amherst, Skidmore, Williams, University of Chicago.

Yale, Amherst, Dartmouth, MIT, Harvard and Princeton are need-blind and meet full-need for international students (meaning they'll accept you without regard to your financial need, and give you all the money you need to attend).

University of Miami is not one of the schools that's need blind for international students, nor do they meet need (you could have to pay full cost as an international student).
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NYU2012)
The only universities that offer substantial aid to foreign students are, roughly, the top 20 universities and liberal arts colleges in the US - which includes the likes of Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Dartmouth, Amherst, Skidmore, Williams, University of Chicago.

Yale, Amherst, Dartmouth, MIT, Harvard and Princeton are need-blind and meet full-need for international students (meaning they'll accept you without regard to your financial need, and give you all the money you need to attend).

University of Miami is not one of the schools that's need blind for international students, nor do they meet need (you could have to pay full cost as an international student).
You forget merit scholarships!

Miami has a decent selection of merit scholarships available to international students ranging from partial tuition to full tuition. I believe they also have some sort of need-based aid available but as NYU2012 said, they most likely won't be as generous as the top 20-30 schools.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (392)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.1%

Watched Threads