Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Stay at home mums have the hardest job and here's why. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Many of you ridiculed me for a recent thread I made where I mentioned that being a housewife and full time mum was hard.

Here's a video to prove it.

Wow a gushing viral vid created by a card company to sell more damn cards. Please continue to post crap. It's not as if we have enough of this nonsense in the Religion forum.

Edit: Okay, I suppose I have to give you at least some input. It's completely over exaggerated because quite frankly if you have no breaks and no nothing you're doing parenting wrong. I don't know any parent who's in that position.

ReputationRep:
    i think its unfair to call it the 'hardest' job. working mothers have to do all of that AND have a proper job. surely its much easier to be able to spend the whole day doing housework and spending time with children, than to have to do the exact same amount of chores at 6pm when you get home from work?

ReputationRep:
    Constantly bending over, I presume for more than picking up things.
    This video is grossly exaggerated and heavily based on emotion rather than objective fact, stay a home mum isn't a 24/7 job really, if your child doesn't keep you up all night then you get sleep, if your child is preoccupied with toys etc then you don't need to move around and help them constantly. There isn't that much movement around the house compared to travelling across a city.

In summary, I respect what stay at home mum's do but it certainly isn't the toughest job, not by a long shot

ReputationRep:
    my mum was a housewife, raising kids, cleaning, cooking AND worked a job.

Thats harder I think

ReputationRep:
    People underestimate what stay at home mums do. They need to look after themselves (where they usually come last), their husband and their children. Then if they need to work to supplement the household income, they have to work, on top of the housework and running around after children. Hardly anytime to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    My mum had to all of that and do her job and my brother and I weren't exactly bundles of joy in a way I think that's harder, you come back from work your tired then you have to clean, cook and look after your children

ReputationRep:
    This is absolutely pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    OP why try to prove a point with people? End of the day people judge and there's not much you can do about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to Lionel Messi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)
    Many of you ridiculed me for a recent thread I made where I mentioned that being a housewife and full time mum was hard.

Here's a video to prove it.

Ignore it, people on here are typically very career minded but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with us for not wanting to be like that. I don't agree with you on a lot of things, but on this, I agree..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Ignore it, people on here are typically very career minded but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with us for not wanting to be like that. I don't agree with you on a lot of things, but on this, I agree..
    Some people do both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Some people do both.
    It depends on what the family decides

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    This is absolutely pathetic.

You're absolutely right it's pathetic how people like you dismiss stay at home mums as parasites because they choose to sacrifice themselves everyday for the sake of caring for their own children rather than being selfish and going back to work less than a month after giving birth.

(Original post by Genocidal)
    Wow a gushing viral vid created by a card company to sell more damn cards. Please continue to post crap. It's not as if we have enough of this nonsense in the Religion forum.

Edit: Okay, I suppose I have to give you at least some input. It's completely over exaggerated because quite frankly if you have no breaks and no nothing you're doing parenting wrong. I don't know any parent who's in that position.

Well it largely depends on how many kids you have, most of the working families where both mum and dad work will have less kids than say a household where only the one spouse is the bread winner. What about parents with disabled children? Caring for your child is non-stop as a stay at home mum there are no breaks.

ReputationRep:
    Some people do both.
    And that's okay. But it's also okay to be a stay at home mum

ReputationRep:
    And that's okay. But it's also okay to be a stay at home mum
    It's okay but you can't go around claiming its the hardest job like the OP is

ReputationRep:
    Lol and the feminists wonder why the so called 'patriarchy' is still strong. Why is there no mention of stay at home dads?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely agree with this. Having been raised in a career orientated family, I recently had to admit to myself that actually I want to be a stay at home mum for few years. Not easy since society seems to embedd in everyone's mind that there is something very wrong with being a stay at home wife and mum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    People underestimate what stay at home mums do. They need to look after themselves (where they usually come last), their husband and their children. Then if they need to work to supplement the household income, they have to work, on top of the housework and running around after children. Hardly anytime to themselves.
    Good point

my mum was a housewife, raising kids, cleaning, cooking AND worked a job.

Thats harder I think
    How man kids did she raise while she worked? And to what extent did she raise you while working a 9-5 job?

It's okay to be a stay-at-home mum.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.