Why did you use your uniniversity? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I choose mine because it meant I could still live at home, it has good facilities and my department has good job prospects (apparantly).
Tristessa
Report 15 years ago
ouch! watch out the spelling

and i didnt chose mine, it chose me! :eek:
Mioniel
Report 15 years ago
I chose mine because it was the only one that accepted me.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I chose mine cos the chem dept had great reputation and facilities, in the materials chemistry dept. it has carpet on the floor! and a thing which fires helium nuclei at polymers which looks really cool, and it has fredges in the rooms, its in durham, graduation is in the cathederal, some of my friends are goin, need i go on?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I liked it when I visited and plus, it's the 2nd biggest city after London (although it's tiny compared to home).
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I chose mine because of the name.
currency_westlake
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I chose on the basis of reputation, prestige and ranking...

Some people would criticise that, but for many people these are very important (deciding) factors.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I chose mine because after cambridge it has the best department. Also it's in london and i love big cities, I cannot wait to go there. And because i changed my mind late about my degree, I couldn't apply to cambridge and still go to university this autumn. But I'm happy with this place
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because it's the best university in the world for the suject I want to do. Because if I get there, I'll be surrounded by brilliant, inspired people who will encourage me to develop myself. Because I'll enjoy the benefits of the ancient architecture. Because it will go with my sense of humour, sometimes being in Cambridge feels like being in your very own blackadder sketch. And because I will be close to London, and I've never really had much access to London.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Because it's the best university in the world for the suject I want to do. Because if I get there, I'll be surrounded by brilliant, inspired people who will encourage me to develop myself. Because I'll enjoy the benefits of the ancient architecture. Because it will go with my sense of humour, sometimes being in Cambridge feels like being in your very own blackadder sketch. And because I will be close to London, and I've never really had much access to London.
Ahh blackadder...I have fond memories of moments of hysterics while laughing at that programme.
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I really liked the atmosphere when I visited, and didn't want to go to any of my other choices.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because it was far away from home...

But not so far that my parents can't drive there in a day!!! That wasn't the main reasin I chose UEA though, it was the atmosphere in general, the union which is really good, its not too big, but not too small either, you can walk from anywhere on campus to any other place on campus withing 10-15 mins, Norwich is a nice safe city, good nightlife and not too expensive, the chem department is very friendly, and they also appeared to want me to go there more than the other uni's I applied to (lower offer, included gen. studies and also accepted me even when I didn't make my offer). I could go on for ages!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Course contents, atmosphere when i visited, cost of living. I didn't really go for league tables and the like because i want to be happy there more than anything. If i'm happy there then i'm more likely to do better anyway. No point going to somewhere really impressive if i'm going to be miserable. That said, i don't think medicine is the sort of subject that you usually have that sort of problem with.
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i chose manchester because when i went i was amazed by the size of everything (coming from derby, which is basically a glorified town). the uni really impressed me, the course is fantastic, the nightlife superb, not too far from home, low entry grades but one of the best unis in the country. i wanted somewhere big but not too big (like london). manchester fits all my criteria.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (204)
49.51%
No (48)
11.65%
I'm not old enough (160)
38.83%

Watched Threads