The Student Room Group

Good locations for a telephone interview

I feel like my house is such a dull and boring place to have a telephone interview.

What are other places to consider?

I was thinking a quiet place in the park, where I can set up my tablet and bring up my notes.
They're not going to hire you based on where you're sat...
Reply 2
Why not take your phone to a theme park? The sound of roller coasters and excited screams drowning out everything you say is sure to give you an edge over the other candidates.

In other words, do it in your house.
Your house is a perfectly good place to hold a telephone interview - you can guarantee that you'll be comfortable, it'll be quiet and you won't be disturbed.

Going to the park for it may put the employer off, especially if they can hear background noise - they may think that you're not taking it seriously, and your willing to answer to them while your out and about, or even have forgotten!

Also, if you need any evidence/extra documentation etc, you can get this easily while your at home; if you've gone to the park and forgotten the job description/a copy of your CV to look at, they aren't going to wait while you go home to get it..
Reply 4
I've had to do one in my car before and that kept most of the noise out. You should definitely do it at home if at all possible, the background noise will come across as really unprofessional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending