Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi last week I had my needs assessment for my Specific Learning Difficulty Dyslexia and Dyspraxia symptoms like a mix of the pair). This morning I have received my report. There are three quotes and quote 1 has a Toshiba laptop (£340) which is way better than the other two quotes. However both other quotes are cheaper overall (around £100) but the other quotes laptops are £310. Is there any way I could ask for the Toshiba Laptop but with the lower quotes? The lower quotes are cheaper because of software and I dont know the ins and outs of that so I am not too fussed about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Oracle95)
    Hi last week I had my needs assessment for my Specific Learning Difficulty Dyslexia and Dyspraxia symptoms like a mix of the pair). This morning I have received my report. There are three quotes and quote 1 has a Toshiba laptop (£340) which is way better than the other two quotes. However both other quotes are cheaper overall (around £100) but the other quotes laptops are £310. Is there any way I could ask for the Toshiba Laptop but with the lower quotes? The lower quotes are cheaper because of software and I dont know the ins and outs of that so I am not too fussed about it
    Student Finance decide which quote to go with, as they're paying for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Student Finance decide which quote to go with, as they're paying for it.
    Yes I understand that. I suspect they will as they should go with the cheapest. But am I allowed to say can I have the laptop that is recommended for £340 provided I pay the extra £30?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Oracle95)
    Yes I understand that. I suspect they will as they should go with the cheapest. But am I allowed to say can I have the laptop that is recommended for £340 provided I pay the extra £30?
    Oh, sorry I misunderstood your question!

Yes, whichever supplier SFE decide to go with, you can then ask for upgrades, with you paying the difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Oh, sorry I misunderstood your question!

Yes, whichever supplier SFE decide to go with, you can then ask for upgrades, with you paying the difference
    Thanks for your help

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.