Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why do girls blame only guys for cheating? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do they blame only guys?By definition,to cheat it takes another girl.So for every cheat there is a girl equally responsible for that cheat.It looks simple but I still hear girls saying 'men are all the same' as if a guy could cheat alone

ReputationRep:
    Because nothing is ever a girl's fault. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Nah there are definitely girls that cheat too and they do get the blame, saw a thread a few days ago in which I ****ged off the OP's girlfriend, she was acting a bit too friendly to another guy.

And I agree if a guy cheats then the girl who he cheats with is also in the wrong. Unless he lied and said he was single. Usually though if a guy decides he will cheat, it makes the girl think that he is either single or he obviously is basically breaking up with his ex already. I mean, I don't know why any girl would want to be that bit on the side. There are lot of foolish girls that fall for a guy who compliments them loads and puts his arm around her, gives her hugs ect. They could just fall for this guy in 1 evening and not even suspect that he doesn't actually like who she is, but is just trying to lead her on. Same with a girl leading on a guy, but the cocky confident guys are likely to not mind if they are being led on if it means they will get sex.

ReputationRep:
    They blame the guy of the relationship they are in with. He may of cheated with another girl but she's not the one who has a commitment to her.

inb4 white knight

ReputationRep:
    Girls are the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't really generalise, depends on the situation.
    I agree that if a guy cheats on his girlfriend, that there's technically two people at fault, but a lot of the time the girl he's cheated with doesn't know what he's up to... Same if it's the other way around, seeing as girls cheat as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Girls are the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are definately the worst. Stay safe brahs.

ReputationRep:
    Females often have less of a sense of personal accountability than males. Others often buy into this.

This goes both ways too - others often assign less personal accountability to females, so this bolsters their sense of being less accountable than males.

For many it's much easier to shift the blame and make excuses. He cheated because he's a pig, end of. She cheated because it's her boyfriend's fault, end of. Note the common target of blame is not the woman, in both instances.

Contemporary feminism often brings out the worst in women - it teaches them that they are always innocent victims deserving of empathy and respect, and there is always a viable excuse for their misconduct - and it's always the man who is to blame who is not deserving of empathy and respect, and there is never an excuse. Even when it's patently the woman's fault. Any other side - they don't want to hear it. Object, and "you just hate women".

Narcissistic females are vile.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't even remotely true - women who men cheat with often get equal or more blame than the man who cheated on his wife/girlfriend by both his partner and society in general. I don't think a woman who sleeps with a man in a relationship is doing anything wrong - she has no responsibility to his partner not have sex with him. But even if you believe she should take some blame in it, she can't be as guilty as the man who cheated on his partner.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure some statistics show a pattern of men cheating more than women, within marriage and prior to. It's something that differs but most secure studies I've seen say that's the case.

Things from Huffington;
    'At least 78 per cent of men think cheating is never okay when you're hitched, while 84 per cent of women share that sentiment.'
    '25 per cent of husbands and 15 per cent of wives have had sex with someone else while married.'
    'women are 40 per cent more likely to cheat today than they were 20 years ago.'
    'Fifty-five per cent of the men in Neuman's study either lied when presented with evidence of their infidelity, or just didn't tell their wives it had happened.' (scary.)

It simply doesn't matter, though. Why does it have to be seen in terms of gender? Gender should be irrelevant. If someone cheats, they are to blame for their own actions. I don't think I know anyone who would say that a woman is not to blame for cheating.

Also, I recall something stupid a 'lad' housemate said in response to someone being cheated on in the Made in Chelsea show. 'How embarrassing for her.' It was all just shame on her - nothing to do with judging the man. It was what the man 'did', it was who he was, it was fine. The only response was how embarrassing it was to be cheated on. If it had been reversed, she would have been a whore or a slut, the partner would have been 'angry'.

ReputationRep:
    I find it's more common for people (admittedly, more commonly men) to blame the person their SO cheated on them with, rather than their SO. I've never really bought that. Whoever did the cheating is definitely at fault. If the other person knew they were attached, also at fault, but to my mind, to a lesser extent.

ReputationRep:
    inb4 Feminism rant on equality. But really they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Girls cheat more often because it's easier for them.

ReputationRep:
    Not just cheating, according to women...Men are responsible for EVERYTHING. Unless it's something good.

ReputationRep:
    It's always the person in the relationships fault who cheats, regardless of gender. The person who is single (assuming they aren't in a relationship too) has committed a minor in my opinion.

Having said that, there's things a woman could do to make her man not want to cheat.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Unfair thread title and premise tbh. The person in the relationship is the one at fault for me, more so anyway. The single person is just looking for a shag, sometimes they don't even know the person they're shagging is in a relationship. If they are, they've been convinced that relationship has run its course and all that jazz people love to lap up. The decent thing to do is end things and then shag the new person, but alas, *******s gonna *******, no?

Also, men cheat as often as women do from what I've seen around me. They also tend to get caught easier .

ReputationRep:
    I blame whoever it is in the relationship. If you're a man and you're cheating, you're to blame, and if you're a girl and you're cheating, you're to blame.

If you're cheating with someone who is single and they KNOW you're in a relationship then they're also still to blame but not as much because they're not committed to anybody and they don't owe your partner as much (only human decency). If they don't know you're in a relationship, it's not their fault.

If you're cheating with someone who is also in a relationship then you're equally as bad as each other.

ReputationRep:
    Because it isn't the other girls job to keep her boyfriend faithful? The guy is the one actually being unfaithful, she is just having sex with some guy.

Same applies the other way around. If a girl cheats on her boyfriend, the guy she cheats with is not at fault. He is just trying to get laid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.