Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So when I submitted my student finance form I put down KCL because I hadn't heard from UCL and thought I wasn't going to get an offer. Now that I have received an offer from UCL and chose UCL as my firm and KCL as my insurance, should I update my student finance form now or after I get my results and know for definite which uni I'll be going to? Otherwise if I change my uni choice to UCL now and end up going to Kings, I'll have to change it again. So I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbegum13)
    Hi,

So when I submitted my student finance form I put down KCL because I hadn't heard from UCL and thought I wasn't going to get an offer. Now that I have received an offer from UCL and chose UCL as my firm and KCL as my insurance, should I update my student finance form now or after I get my results and know for definite which uni I'll be going to? Otherwise if I change my uni choice to UCL now and end up going to Kings, I'll have to change it again. So I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
    Hello

It doesn't matter which choice you put down on the student finance form, because nothing is finalised until when the uni terms begin, so you can put any of the two unis down for now, but when it comes to results day and you know for sure which uni you will be going to, you can login to the student finance application you saved and change the uni (if necessary from there)!

This was what I did last year, hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbegum13)
    Hi,

Thanks
    As UCL is your firm, I'd change it now. If, on results day, you don't get the grades, they still may take you, or you'd go to KCL, in which case you can change it again then.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.