Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so i'm currently doing a post-graduate degree, and work part time on a saturday only contract (however over holidays they put me in for many more hours), also been working here for 4 years. Recently, the job is getting me down, I just don't enjoy it at all. So, I have my exams coming up, and my final project is done over summer... and I don't know whether to quit my part time job as to spend the full summer on my final project and having some me time?! My worry is what that means in the long run i.e. getting a job in the autumn after my degree? Any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same position as you and I did not quit my job. However, if you are not getting enough time to study (or rest), then I would quit. You need to ask yourself how important the montly income is to you from your job. Can you live without it?

If you do quit your job, you can always claim job seekers in autumn and will get around £200 staying home and applying to graduate jobs.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If you really need to earn money, then keep your job. If you don't, then leave

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.