The Student Room Group

How do you cut out silly mistakes in gcse papers?

I wondering if anyone can help me stop my silly mistakes in gcse papers?
Reply 1
I assume that you are talking about the Maths GCSE. Silly mistakes are incredibly annoying and nobody is able to escape them. My advice for you is, when doing your paper, ensure that you look back at each question, and within each question, redo each calculation and look at your logic process for it. Slap yourself if you need to - just ensure that you're wide awake.

When I did my Maths GCSE, during the exam I made a horrific mistake on every single question, but because I went back and looked over it (pretty much did the exam paper twice over, as I got more comfortable in the examination room) I got a grade I am happy with.
When I did gcses there always seemed to be far more time than necessary so checked everything 2 or 3 times just to make sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
just stay focus and keep checking till time runs out. Look at it from every single perspective. Good Luck
This was from my A level maths, but it applies just as well to GCSE maths: I found I made fewer mistakes (by a considerable margin) when I took my time the first time through the paper, rather than rushing to complete it in half the time then going back through. Take your time (you've got plenty), read the question and think about every line you write. I know exactly how frustrating these mistakes can be.

Quick Reply

Latest