Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I don't get what the points represent especially B.
    Except A. I know A represents the "impossible zone" Which is unattainable.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I can't see point W, or is that just me? haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oops sorry I chose the wrong letters lol
    I've edited the letters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    I don't get what the points represent especially B.
    Except A. I know A represents the "impossible zone" Which is unattainable.
    B is underemployment, what this means is that the economy can increase production without undergoing an opportunity cost.

It is a bit like saying- "I can produce 20 oranges and 20 apples" but "I only choose to produce 10 oranges and 10 apples".

Anything on the PPF curve directly means that resources are efficiently allocated and applied, it is a point of pareto efficiency which means to go one better for an orange (in this case) you have to lose an apple.

"impossible zone" as you describe it is currently unattainable with the current resources.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. That helped.

ReputationRep:
    A is not 'the impossible zone'. C is. Any point outside the curve is unattainable (more technically I believe they're attainable but unsustainable for any length of time).

D is a point where all resources are being used in the production of one good, and none of the other good is being produced.

B has already been adequately explained.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry I meant A is the impossible zone.
    Thanks for clearing up D though

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.