Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

can i still get an A* in triple science (AQA) Watch

ReputationRep:
    For my coursework I got A's in all of them, but I just managed to scrape an A in my biology and physics one, chemistry is more of a mid A. I really want an A* in science (maybe an A in physics, I'm not that good at it) but when I do past papers I just manage to scrape an A* in some of them, what should I aim for in the exams to get an A* overall? would I need to get high A* in all of them or would low A* be ok? :/

ReputationRep:
    I want an a* too....you find any areas hard ?

ReputationRep:
    Coursework!?!?!?!? For science!?!?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawrencefrape1)
    He probably means the practical exam thingys. You gotta do an experiment in exam conditions and write a conclusion and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I think it definitely possible from my calculations. I scraped an A for the Physics ISA as well

ReputationRep:
    sorry i meant controlled assessment, why am I calling it coursework -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GS98)
    I want an a* too....you find any areas hard ?
    just a few topics but most of them I'm okay with, what I find is that when I'm marking them, I usually write down the answers they accept but not the actual answer? do you get what I mean? like in the mark scheme, one column has the answer, the second column has answers they they accept or don't accept, I usually end up writing the answers they have in the second column that they accept, but maybe it might be the revision guide I'm learning from...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    sorry i meant controlled assessment, why am I calling it coursework -_-
    What does it consist of? For EDEXCEL IGCSE, we don't have anything like that; just two exam papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ennahaspatience)
    I think it definitely possible from my calculations. I scraped an A for the Physics ISA as well
    did you get an A* in physics?

ReputationRep:
    What does it consist of? For EDEXCEL IGCSE, we don't have anything like that; just two exam papers.
    I'm doing AQA, part of the gcse is the practical exam where we do experiments and we do 2 papers for it, the rest is made up from exams, we have 3 papers in each subject, for each unit

ReputationRep:
    did you get an A* in physics?
    No, I am still in year 11 as well, I just did some calculations

ReputationRep:
    No, I am still in year 11 as well, I just did some calculations
    ohh okay, what would i need to get in the exams to get A*? high A* ??

ReputationRep:
    ohh okay, what would i need to get in the exams to get A*? high A* ??
    A*s in all the exams. Aim to get 45 and up in each exam as that is full UMS

ReputationRep:
    A*s in all the exams. Aim to get 45 and up in each exam as that is full UMS
    thanks, i'm still waiting on my other isa results for physics, hopefully I got higher than I did in the first one. Are the exam marks out of 60? some of the past papers I did are out of 45 marks

ReputationRep:
    I think you can I got a C in my ISA last year (doing additional not triple science) but then I got 2 A's in the exam and still got an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i'm still waiting on my other isa results for physics, hopefully I got higher than I did in the first one. Are the exam marks out of 60? some of the past papers I did are out of 45 marks
    You are doing the wrong papers, they are old spec. For P1 and P2, stick to this page

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes

for P3, you can use old spec papers because they are sort of relevant. you can do the same for chemistry. But don't bother for Biology, the old spec is too different for this

this link is for the old spec papers

ReputationRep:
    ISA marks go up to 50 and the new spec papers go up to 60

ReputationRep:
    You are doing the wrong papers, they are old spec. For P1 and P2, stick to this page

for P3, you can use old spec papers because they are sort of relevant. you can do the same for chemistry. But don't bother for Biology, the old spec is too different for this

this link is for the old spec papers

thanks! my teachers basically gathered all the past papers they could find so I have a lot of the old spec papers and yeah I looked at some of the old bio papers, they're very different

ReputationRep:
    thanks! my teachers basically gathered all the past papers they could find so I have a lot of the old spec papers and yeah I looked at some of the old bio papers, they're very different
    That is not really helpful . My bio teacher gave us booklets as he knew that many of the things in the old specification would be useless for us.

ReputationRep:
    just a few topics but most of them I'm okay with, what I find is that when I'm marking them, I usually write down the answers they accept but not the actual answer? do you get what I mean? like in the mark scheme, one column has the answer, the second column has answers they they accept or don't accept, I usually end up writing the answers they have in the second column that they accept, but maybe it might be the revision guide I'm learning from...
    Fair enough...but I recon if what you write as the answer interprets the same, it will be fine.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.