Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys' Uni Wardrobe: Uni Brahs, GTFIH Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking about Uni in September and wondering what you guys have taken with you when you've gone.

I know it's pretty normal for people to roll out of bed and go to lectures in whatever they slept in but if you could actually be bothered what would you be wearing?

I tend to pretty much always wear a polo shirt and converses with either cargo shorts or jeans and maybe a hoodie. I guess you could say 'preppy' but really it's a lot more casual.

ReputationRep:
    inb4 strong bump.

I know I used a misc-esque title but rest assured this is not a troll thread. I'll even prove it: srs.

I remember buying some clothes just before un-ay, but within a couple of weeks my tastes had changed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I remember buying some clothes just before un-ay, but within a couple of weeks my tastes had changed
    I was considering saying UNAAAAAY but decided that might be too much troll in one post for anyone to take it seriously :rofl:

Did your new style conform to a common style at your Uni or get more grown up or something?

(Original post by PhilSGoodman)
    I was considering saying UNAAAAAY but decided that might be too much troll in one post for anyone to take it seriously :rofl:

Did your new style conform to a common style at your Uni or get more grown up or something?
    A bit of both. I sort of deduced (discovered?) that slim-fit jeans/trousers (I guess they're part of a common style :ashamed2:) were better than what I had at the time, and I got a lovely autumn/winter jacket

Currently rocking corduroys, you jelly? :smug:

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both. I sort of deduced (discovered?) that slim-fit jeans/trousers (I guess they're part of a common style :ashamed2:) were better than what I had at the time, and I got a lovely autumn/winter jacket

Currently rocking corduroys, you jelly? :smug:
    :rofl: props to you. You're a brave man. A pioneer. A teacher of mine used to wear dark purpose cords and put me off for life. No thanks Jeff! :toofunny: I'm much too obvious in my jeans selection - I'm just wearing a pair of levi 501s

:rofl: props to you. You're a brave man. A pioneer. A teacher of mine used to wear dark purpose cords and put me off for life. No thanks Jeff! :toofunny: I'm much too obvious in my jeans selection - I'm just wearing a pair of levi 501s
    lmao. But that's good, 501s are timeless :moon:

Well, I can say that I now almost look like an adult. Unfortunately I am still struggling to find tops I really like, I only have a couple that I enjoy wearing!

ReputationRep:
    lmao. But that's good, 501s are timeless :moon:

Well, I can say that I now almost look like an adult. Unfortunately I am still struggling to find tops I really like, I only have a couple that I enjoy wearing!
    True but it's almost become a cliche!

I know what you mean. I find that tshirts fade way too quickly and I get bored of the print pretty quickly. It's why polos are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking about Uni in September and wondering what you guys have taken with you when you've gone.

I know it's pretty normal for people to roll out of bed and go to lectures in whatever they slept in but if you could actually be bothered what would you be wearing?

I tend to pretty much always wear a polo shirt and converses with either cargo shorts or jeans and maybe a hoodie. I guess you could say 'preppy' but really it's a lot more casual.
    Fashionbeans streamlined wardrobe is your friend, if someone can find link. Just build your outfits up out of a few versatile fashion pieces, different jackets, shoes, good jeans etc.

ReputationRep:
    If you go through uni without having one American Apparel hoody you are doing something wrong .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Fashionbeans streamlined wardrobe is your friend, if someone can find link. Just build your outfits up out of a few versatile fashion pieces, different jackets, shoes, good jeans etc.
    Looking at that list, already got pretty much everything on there except a second suit! Need to get one soon actually probably navy :yep:
    (Original post by SmashingChap)
    If you go through uni without having one American Apparel hoody you are doing something wrong .
    I've got like 2 hoodies right now. Need to get a few more!

Since I'm very active, I'm considering migrating my wardrobe towards sports/hiking but not sure what to get that I can wear without looking like either a chav or GI Joe haha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.