Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

I think I'm gonna fail my GCSE's and I'm not sure I care... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm very lazy I'm meant to e revising right now and I'm not. I hate revision it bores me to death and I cba with it. I think I might fail most of my GCSE's especially French, Spanish and Chemistry- they are my main worries. I am currently on an E in Chemistry and a D in Spanish, I think I'm a C in French and I want to be a beautician so they don't even really matter but I'm just so worried and confused. Any tips on how I can improve quickly and without much effort, I am quite clever without revsion in most subjects but................ yeah

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but you need to revise, now. There is no 'cba with it' excuse you just have to sit down, concentrate and get the work done.

There is no easy way to it.

I would suggest that you try to find what learning style suits you best and make it enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    Make the revision fun, it doesn't have to be boring. I like to get my white bored and speak aloud as though I am teaching a lesson. Other things I do are paint what I need to learn or draw it ect..

If you're finding it hard to concentrate get up and walk around for a while. I know it can be hard to become motivated but these subjects are important.

ReputationRep:
    - Buy post it notes. Write on them an idea, concept or key word which you can describe in your head. Stick them everywhere in your room.

- Whilst playing video games/procrastinating, have a youtube window open playing video/audio about your chosen subject. Try to listen and try to understand it.

- Sit out in the garden when it's sunny with some music and read your revision guide.

- Do past papers. Set yourself two occasions every week in which you will do a past paper question.

ReputationRep:
    Dangerous to think because you don't need to be qualified for your chosen profession, you don't need to study. Also quite, quite wrong.

The point of GCSE is threefold. First, to give you a basic level of education that you need to be a participating citizen in the country. Second, to give you as many options in life as possible. Third, to familiarise you with how to study effectively.

See, you could leave school in a few weeks and start on your career path as a beautician. But what happens if you don't like it? Someone with decent GCSEs could go and get A-Levels and will then have access to university or a host of professional qualifications. And what about if you don't develop study skills now and fail your beautician's course? Or what about if you are a success, want to go into management of a chain and don't get an interview because of some silly GCSE? It happens. Also, you mention languages. How much more fun in their career will a beautician who is multilingual have, being able to work abroad more easily and all the rest of it?

My advice is don't limit your options for the sake of a few weeks hitting the books. It's dull, it's boring but it does set you free.

ReputationRep:
    Have something on in the background. Weirdly it helps me to revise when I'm listening to an hour long interview or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyimashee)
    I'm very lazy I'm meant to e revising right now and I'm not. I hate revision it bores me to death and I cba with it. I think I might fail most of my GCSE's especially French, Spanish and Chemistry- they are my main worries. I am currently on an E in Chemistry and a D in Spanish, I think I'm a C in French and I want to be a beautician so they don't even really matter but I'm just so worried and confused. Any tips on how I can improve quickly and without much effort, I am quite clever without revsion in most subjects but................ yeah
    If you were clever, you would know that you need to revise your subjects, otherwise you won't get good grades in them. I mean come on now...

That said, you still have time. Perhaps talk to your parents or close friends. A little bit of motivation from well-wishers can be beneficial. Also, perhaps if you can make yourself a day plan at the beginning of each day (ie. 'write a list saying 'I will revise: this and this and this by the end of the day', even if it's just 3 topics) will at least give you a revision target to work towards. It sometimes helps me. Treat yourself with a meal or a snack or something at intervals. Gotta break that revision up.

Good luck.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

As others have said, maybe your revision technique isn't right? Bores you? Make your revision fun in the ways already suggested. Are you a visual learner? You could add some colour to your revision notes, make diagrams, flashcards etc Maybe you're a kinaesthetic learner? You could maybe do something that will help you revise, practical stuff. Or an auditory learner? Maybe listen to your revision, read aloud, ask someone to read it to you, ask someone to ask you questions etc

Also, try getting your friends/family to help you revise. Show them how much revision you've done, ask for their advice, let them check your revision, test you, make sure you're revising etc. You're currently on your Easter holidays right? Its the best time to start getting some work done. You may have revision classes so make sure you go to them. Or you're on study leave? If you need help, stuck on anything you could perhaps email your teachers, ask your friends?

Make sure you take away anything that will distract you. Like your phone, laptop, tv etc It will all be worth it in the end and then you can enjoy your long summer break But make sure you have some breaks so you don't get too stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyimashee)
    you wouldn't be failing if you were clever

Other people just play video games and mess around 24/7 and still get As. Better start revising

ReputationRep:
    is it worth possibly throwing your entire future away just because of laziness?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.