Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    . In my first year
    . Just got an email accusing me of plagiarism. I'm assuming that I'll now get 0% for that essay or module
    . All my other grades this year have been borderline 2:2/ 2:1

I've heard from a lot of people that the years are weighted ~0/50/50, so your final grade is made by weighting your 2nd and 3rd year grades at 50% each, and first year has no impact. I didn't use this as an excuse to slack off, but viewed it as a period in which you familiarise yourself to the new standards and expectations. But this isn't really relevant.

My main question is, how is your final grade determined, and how is each year weighted differently? And if it varies from campus to campus, how can I find out what they are for mine?

I want to know how ****ed I am.

ReputationRep:
    It will depend on the university, the faculty and maybe even the particular course as to how they grade you. Email your tutor or module leader to get the information on how it's split. A 30/70 or 40/60 split between the second and third year seems probable for most universities. The final year is generally the most important and the first year is either worth nothing or very little towards the final classification. There are some weird methods out there though - For me, it's the higher of the final year average result by itself or the final two years averaged (the lowest module is ignored in either case).

ReputationRep:
    It varies from uni to uni, and course to course e.g. mine is 0/25/75. You should be able to find out from your course handbook though.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.