Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    i have a photo of myself, but don't like the background. how can i just take the photo of myself out, and upload it on a different background? if that's even possible without it looking like its been edited.

ReputationRep:
    Loooool that made me laugh, it would look very artificial, just blurt he background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyloveee)
    i have a photo of myself, but don't like the background. how can i just take the photo of myself out, and upload it on a different background? if that's even possible without it looking like its been edited.
    This is quite a tricky operation unless you know what you are doing and have practised a bit. Look up some tutorials for your software (eg Photoshop). Put simply what you need to do is to "select" the figure then cut them or the background out. The devil is in details like cutting out round hair and fancy clothes and stuff. Doing it roughly / crudely is easy. Doing it well takes practise.

Edit: Professional photographers / graphics folk do this a lot.

ReputationRep:
    with some photoshop skillz.

use the magnetic lasso tool to cut around your body, then just select and drag it onto another background. or just blur out the background or something, i doubt anyone will care, good luck!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.