Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    If I already have a degree but didn't use student finance, am I still eligible for the same funds in a second degree that I would be if it were my first?

    The course was done through The Open University and the degree I wish to study on now is a graduate entry course (medicine).

    Being Welsh with a Welsh home address, would my fees be £9000 per year if I study in England?


    Hi PhilSGoodman,

    Once a student holds a degree they are not entitled to any standard support from Student Finance Wales, only supplementary grants, even if they did not receive funding for the first degree.

    However some Medicine courses are an exception and can still receive some funding. To find out more about a specific course please call us on 0300 200 4050.

    University's can charge a maximum of £9,000 for tuition fees, these can vary depending on which course you study at which University. Please visit the University website or give them a call to find out how much the Tuition fees are for a specific course.

    Thank you
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.