Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Question about religion Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen Hindus trying to convert other people into their religion.

I have never seen Buddhist trying to convert other people into their religion.

Judaism is an exception since they dont allow non jewish into their religion.

But every day i see Christians and Muslims trying realllll hard to convert everyone else into their religion.

ReputationRep:
    "Oh look, a can of worms"

"I know, let me open it!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)

I have never seen Buddhist trying to convert other people into their religion.

Judaism is an exception since they dont allow non jewish into their religion.

But every day i see Christians and Muslims trying realllll hard to convert everyone else into their religion.
    This isn't a question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    As a Hindu, I can clarify this - you can only be born a Hindu, can't convert to one. So, there is no need for Hindus to try and convert others, the task is redundant.

ReputationRep:
    OK..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    As a Hindu, I can clarify this - you can only be born a Hindu, can't convert to one. So, there is no need for Hindus to try and convert others, the task is redundant.
    That's a crock of ****. ISCKON are evangelical in nature and anybody can be a Hindu. This isn't a religion maintained by bloodlines and ethnicities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm with OP, I despise evangelists and people who try to convert others. Preying on the weak minded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that they are particularly trying to convert people, maybe they are just determined to remove any misconceptions...

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.