Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to begin studying Religion and Theology at The University of Manchester in September, I've been given a conditional offer of ABB and I was just wondering whether my A would have to be in religious studies? And also if I attained AAC is it likely I would still be accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsenior)
    I'm hoping to begin studying Religion and Theology at The University of Manchester in September, I've been given a conditional offer of ABB and I was just wondering whether my A would have to be in religious studies? And also if I attained AAC is it likely I would still be accepted?
    The A doesn't have to be in RS unless it explicitly says so in the offer :nah:

As for your second question, ee don't know. It depends on a number of things, which change year-by-year and course-by-course
    - if they have already filled all the places with people who did meet their offer, or if they still have a few spaces left
    - if they think they can fill up their remaining spaces with better quality candidates by going through clearing or by accepting people who just missed their offer
    - whether the grades that you actually got were ABB / equivalent or above (universities can be fined for over-recruiting people with BBB or below; this is not the case for people with ABB+ or equivalent)
    - how narrowly you missed your offer
    - if there was anyone else who missed their offer by a narrower margin
    - whether you are an international student (if you are, then you are more attractive because you pay higher fees, and the government can't fine the university for over-recruiting internationals)

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you for taking the time to help

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.