Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Which does everyone value most to make the best progress? I've started going to the gym about 10 weeks ago. The first photo was about 4 weeks in the second is 6 weeks on from that. My diet is average but I work very hard in the gym, I'm not sure whether I've made good enough progress in the time I've been working out though. Would anyone recommend I spend less time concentrating on the gym and more time prepping healthy meals etc? Or just carry on as I am?

http://s14.postimg.org/589cu82ht/My_Collage_8.png

Thats my progress so far

ReputationRep:
    You look good, but you haven't even told us whether you are cutting/bulking, what your routine is, what your diet is etc, so impossible to even say what you need to improve

ReputationRep:
    I'm just trying to build lean muscle really, I can't cut as I didn't have any muscle or size to start with so you could say bulking but I'm not really trying to get as big as possible just want a good standard of muscle in all areas of my body so gain muscle and lose fat without losing size. I do 12 hour shifts so workout maybe 4 times a week max. My diet includes probably average 90 G protein a day coming mainly from meat as I don't eat many vegetables or fruit. Probably only one piece of fruit a week but some kind of vegetable every day, potato etc.

ReputationRep:
    I eat to train, not train to eat.

ReputationRep:
    Less gym better diet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same gym, better diet. How's it difficult to do both? You need to focus on chest more man, other than that it looks a solid base. You should always aim to get as muscular as possible, because chances are you're never going to reach that anyway. You don't become huge in a few months.

ReputationRep:
    I think for most people diet matters more the longer you have been training. If you are still seeing results (and aren't bothered about health) then leave your diet as is, when results start stalling (slowing is to be expected) then think you about your diet. If for some reason that means you need to do slightly less in the gym then so be it. But if it does mean you need to do less in the gym it might be more beneficial to work on your time management because very few people are actually that busy, especially students (most of the year)

ReputationRep:
    eat to train and not train to eat.

ReputationRep:
    The only difference is the lighting used in the photos...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.