Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    well, GCSE's are coming up and i am doing roughly around 4 hrs/day revision
    my parents don't believe me and think i am messing about. at the end of the day it always comes to the same discussion- whether i have done my work and i truthfully answer yes, becasue i always do my work.
    my predicted grades are 6A* and 4a but i think i am going to get 6A* 2A and 2B
    Well, my parents are expecting A* in everything and for them me getting an A is compromising enough.
    they are saying that if i don't understand anything i should go and revise but the problem is that i cant revise like 6hr+a day . and even if i get like A* in the exam for all subjects, the controlled assessment will drag some of my grades down to A/B.
    they say if get like b in anything then they will disown me and not speak to me, take away the internet from the house, and stop spending on me.
    thing is, out of my older siblings only 1 got 1 A* and the rest B's, C's and D's so i dont know why they are expecting so much from me. they say they have invested more on me than the others but as far as i know apart from books they haven't treated/ done anything different for me.
    now your probably thinking this guy is a troll but i assure you i am not. i think the reason my dad expects so much from me is because he got like nearly 100% in all his subjects in his country.
    i don't know what to do, i know i might slip up and they will most likely disown me. if anyone has any advice that would be great. i feel like it would be better if i was not alive and i am just so depressed right now. plus whenever i am sitting down or watching t.v as a break, they make me depresses even further by saying i am wasting my time and should go back to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notsure62)
    my parents don't believe me and think i am messing about. at the end of the day it always comes to the same discussion- whether i have done my work and i truthfully answer yes, becasue i always do my work.
    Well, my parents are expecting A* in everything and for them me getting an A is compromising enough.
    they are saying that if i don't understand anything i should go and revise but the problem is that i cant revise like 6hr+a day . and even if i get like A* in the exam for all subjects, the controlled assessment will drag some of my grades down to A/B.
    they say if get like b in anything then they will disown me and not speak to me, take away the internet from the house, and stop spending on me.
    thing is, out of my older siblings only 1 got 1 A* and the rest B's, C's and D's so i dont know why they are expecting so much from me. they say they have invested more on me than the others but as far as i know apart from books they haven't treated/ done anything different for me.
    now your probably thinking this guy is a troll but i assure you i am not. i think the reason my dad expects so much from me is because he got like nearly 100% in all his subjects in his country.
    i don't know what to do, i know i might slip up and they will most likely disown me. if anyone has any advice that would be great. i feel like it would be better if i was not alive and i am just so depressed right now. plus whenever i am sitting down or watching t.v as a break, they make me depresses even further by saying i am wasting my time and should go back to work.
    Hey notsure62,

It sounds like you're going through a really tough time at the moment.:hugs: I've moved this thread over to this forum because I think you'll be able to get some better advice here. Take care. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

The only thing you can do is try your best i am sure your parents will understand if you dont get what they expect of you. Jut remember to stay positive and be in the exam zone all the time- I know its difficult but practice makes perfect. I am sure your papernts wont disown you just because of bad grades. Every parents loves their children and wants them to succed so they try to invest in them. Just try to revise, revise and revie and prove your parets that you are spending your time efficiently and effectively. Why not ask them to test you?

You can use revision guides or go on online tutorialsi.e Mathswatch vle - This helps for maths

Remember "you can be anything you want you can achieve all your dreams if you only believe."

"Dont stop believing"
    "Failure is not an option"
    "Cans come in cans and not cants"

Good luck in your exams.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think watching tv is wasting your time, because everyone needs a break. From your predicted grades I think they should be proud of you. If my predicted grades were as good as yours I would be extremely proud of myself.

I can't imagine how much pressure you must be feeling. I think you should focus on what you want to achieve, rather than what they want you to achieve, because it's your life and your future.

Good luck on your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.