Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

oscar pistorious trial Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts? I think they had an argument then she hid in the toilet and locked the door, he then used the cricket bat tried to knock the door down and then shot her through the door. Then realised he might have killed her and then knocked the door down and concocted the whole burglary scenario.

ReputationRep:
    My initial thoughts were that it was a genuine panic-driven attack. South Africa is hella dangerous place to live so break-ins are a danger to life. Plus, the dude was probably on his stumps right? So if he thought it was an intruder he would have been at a major disadvantage already and might have genuinely freaked out and shot at where the 'invader' was. Thing is, even after factoring in panic, it doesn't sound right :/ How did he not check his girlfriend was safe first?
    After thinking more about it, it sounds more likely that he lost his temper and tried to kill her but I don't understand murderers so that just confuses me.

Basically, I should never go into anything Law related.

ReputationRep:
    Aimee Pistorious is really pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyyoufools)
    My initial thoughts were that it was a genuine panic-driven attack. South Africa is hella dangerous place to live so break-ins are a danger to life. Plus, the dude was probably on his stumps right? So if he thought it was an intruder he would have been at a major disadvantage already and might have genuinely freaked out and shot at where the 'invader' was. Thing is, even after factoring in panic, it doesn't sound right :/ How did he not check his girlfriend was safe first?
    After thinking more about it, it sounds more likely that he lost his temper and tried to kill her but I don't understand murderers so that just confuses me.

Basically, I should never go into anything Law related.
    I think realistically if there was an intruder he would check to see if Reeva was there before shooting through a closed door. He would definitely have known she wasn't in bed with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    I think realistically if there was an intruder he would check to see if Reeva was there before shooting through a closed door. He would definitely have known she wasn't in bed with him.
    Yeah, that's what changed my mind about it but I don't have a definite opinion because I simply don't understand killing someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyyoufools)
    Yeah, that's what changed my mind about it but I don't have a definite opinion because I simply don't understand killing someone.
    did you choose your username from lord of the rings?

ReputationRep:
    did you choose your username from lord of the rings?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    He is a pathetic cry baby. Probably got some part of his brain missing all this time.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts? I think they had an argument then she hid in the toilet and locked the door, he then used the cricket bat tried to knock the door down and then shot her through the door. Then realised he might have killed her and then knocked the door down and concocted the whole burglary scenario.
    I find his histrionics in the court appalling. He is not the victim here; that poor girl and her family is.

ReputationRep:
    Love the Prosecutor tearing in to him. How can he not notice Reeva is not in bed with him? Did he think she was under it. ******* killed her im anger. Poor woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts? If it was me or you, or a non famous person, this trial would have been over ages ago and we'd be in the jail now.

Waste of money dragging out this long.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    he sheds crocodile tears...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like this part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwzV...id=P-LLAE9lWi4 talking about her leaving the bed realistically I think it would be highly unlikely that you wouldn't know that she has got up and left the room.

ReputationRep:
    1. Obviously you would check the person you were trying to protect was ok, perhaps to reassure them but certainly at least to see that they were not the one fumbling about in the bathroom.
    2. Why didn't Oscar call his house security - the people who are trying to protect him - to see if an intruder had entered? Or at least to call for backup?
    3. For that matter, why not call the police?
    4. I find it unlikely that this was the first time she went to the bathroom in the middle of the night; does he have a history of shooting the door down?
    5. Even if it was a thief, there is such a thing as REASONABLE FORCE.
    6. Nobody ever considers this, and I guess it is technically not too big a deal, but why would an intruder be locked in the bathroom? If Oscar Pistorius ran him in there and he was trapped, why didn't he try and harms Oscar? Nobody robs anywhere in South Africa without a weapon, usually a gun.
    7. He has a violent history, and of losing his temper.

Guilty.

To be honest, I think a better defense would be to say that he desperately needed the toilet so tried to shoot the lock out of the door. When a man needs to go...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know who the girl in the glasses is

ReputationRep:
    if you actually think about it, he is not guilty of commiting the crime, but its in the jury's hands now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dire wolf)
    if you actually think about it, he is not guilty of commiting the crime, but its in the jury's hands now.
    There's no jury in South Africa, the judge alone makes the decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    There's no jury in South Africa, the judge alone makes the decision
    hobo, well isnt my face purple!
    Oh well, a country that abides by the judge jury and executioner legal system is pretty crazy - maybe Pistorious isn't long for this world then after all...?

Poor man, its such a shame that this is what he will be remembered for, not his glorious running stick method that got him so far in the olympics.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously what happened is he thought some thieves had broken in and gone straight for the valuables in the toilet and then locked themselves in. Like any thief would do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.