Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Basically I just want to know how many arts involve in this course?

Does this course teach you digital drawing and painting? like Photoshop

Thanks XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ※kira※)
    Hi everyone

Basically I just want to know how many arts involve in this course?

Does this course teach you digital drawing and painting? like Photoshop

Thanks XD

Hi there, second year CAA student here.

Aside from Life Drawing classes, there are no real lessons focused on how to improve art wise. It's all up to you to learn and practice on your own. You can rent tablets if you don't already own one (however it is something I highly recommend you own).

Life drawing sessions are once every two weeks for the first year. During these sessions you are encouraged to use a variety of media but the lessons are more focused on capturing form, anatomy and movement.

Hope that helped. If you have anymore questions I will be give them my best shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gadzoinks)
    Hi there, second year CAA student here.

Aside from Life Drawing classes, there are no real lessons focused on how to improve art wise. It's all up to you to learn and practice on your own. You can rent tablets if you don't already own one (however it is something I highly recommend you own).

Life drawing sessions are once every two weeks for the first year. During these sessions you are encouraged to use a variety of media but the lessons are more focused on capturing form, anatomy and movement.

Hope that helped. If you have anymore questions I will be give them my best shot.
    Thank you so much for your answering
    I also would like to know, except the things you said, what else you are doing in the most of the time? maths? learning 3d software?

ReputationRep:
    Hellloooo. I'm a current first year on CAA. :>

The time split up between maths, computing (programming) and learning 3D (digital sculpting as well as Maya, texturing, rigging, modelling... the whole schebang) in pretty much equal chunks. But then in the first term you've got pre production (so concept work) and theory (the "Why is animation what it is?" theory-theory, as well as the "This is how you animate a ball" theory). After Christmas, cinematography replaces these.

The pre production involves making a story and making concept work for it (so character designs, environments, storyboards and the like) but the classes are much more the theory and thought process behind these things (finding inspiration, basic story ideas) than looking at your drawing skill and helping with that.

The main two things that are focused on in terms of briefs is Animation and Programming. But that's first year. Second year CAA's don't have programming. :>

Hope this helps. Went on a bit of a tangent there. ^^;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperRex)
    Hellloooo. I'm a current first year on CAA. :>

The time split up between maths, computing (programming) and learning 3D (digital sculpting as well as Maya, texturing, rigging, modelling... the whole schebang) in pretty much equal chunks. But then in the first term you've got pre production (so concept work) and theory (the "Why is animation what it is?" theory-theory, as well as the "This is how you animate a ball" theory). After Christmas, cinematography replaces these.

The pre production involves making a story and making concept work for it (so character designs, environments, storyboards and the like) but the classes are much more the theory and thought process behind these things (finding inspiration, basic story ideas) than looking at your drawing skill and helping with that.

The main two things that are focused on in terms of briefs is Animation and Programming. But that's first year. Second year CAA's don't have programming. :>

Hope this helps. Went on a bit of a tangent there. ^^;
    Thank you for soo many details!!! this is very helpful!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.