Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I don't know what's wrong with me. Watch

I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm 16 and in year 11 and recently I have noticed that I have gained a lot of weight (i'm recovering from bulimia) and I now weigh 9 stone and I'm around 5 foot 6 inches. I feel really fat but everyone says I look fine. Do you think 9 stone is overweight for my height?

ReputationRep:
    That's good if you're recovering from bulimia - surely means that you're putting back on the weight you should have had anyway? That BMI is on the low side of 'normal', so that sort of weight is fine, yes.

(Original post by Bulbasaur)
    That's good if you're recovering from bulimia - surely means that you're putting back on the weight you should have had anyway? That BMI is on the low side of 'normal', so that sort of weight is fine, yes.
    Okay Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm 16 and in year 11 and recently I have noticed that I have gained a lot of weight (i'm recovering from bulimia) and I now weigh 9 stone and I'm around 5 foot 6 inches. I feel really fat but everyone says I look fine. Do you think 9 stone is overweight for my height?
    Hey. How are you recovering, do you have someone to support you? I would talk to them about this - get someone you know to reassure you, because your weight is absolutely perfect. It will take a while to feel good about it still, but rather than focusing on words such as 'fat' focus on being comfortable, being calm. That really is a brilliant weight, you could even put on a bit more and your health would still be great. This kind of weight is good for you, remember.

ReputationRep:
    So far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with you.

(Except possibly a bad self-image? Goodness knows you're not the only one.)

(Original post by awe)
    Hey. How are you recovering, do you have someone to support you? I would talk to them about this - get someone you know to reassure you, because your weight is absolutely perfect. It will take a while to feel good about it still, but rather than focusing on words such as 'fat' focus on being comfortable, being calm. That really is a brilliant weight, you could even put on a bit more and your health would still be great. This kind of weight is good for you, remember.
    I used to have councilling and had cognitive behavioural therapy to try and get me out of the habit but chose to end it after 2 years I kinda just wanted to get on with my life and it was getting in the way of my GCSE's plus my bulimia urges decreased. I have a small support network in school which included my tutor and 3 of my GCSE teachers. Thank you, that really helps, more than you could ever know! I wasn't sure and I just felt really uncomfortable because I used to be 7 stone so I just feel massive. Thank you

(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    So far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with you.

(Except possibly a bad self-image? Goodness knows you're not the only one.)
    Yeah I know but I just wanted to check I wasn't overweight because I used to be 7 stone and I'm worried this weight gain will make the urges for bulimia actions to come up again especially so close to exams.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.