Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to revise for my A2 economics exams which are coming up shortly but I'm struggling to find an effective way... Anyone have any tips about how to revise for economics? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimalim)
    I'm trying to revise for my A2 economics exams which are coming up shortly but I'm struggling to find an effective way... Anyone have any tips about how to revise for economics? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    I'm finding it really useful to talk to other people doing A Level Economics and going through the content together - you can test eachother's knowledge and spot potential weaknesses and therefore know what you need to go over a bit more.

Past papers too, although split up the data response and 20+30 mark questions because although you'll do it all together in the real exam, trying to find 2h30 to revise just for Economics when you've got other subjects that require time too is easier said than done.

Tutor2U is always great. I quite like formulating my own powerpoints on certain aspects of the content, and combining information from revision books, textbooks and the internet to get a more rounded view of the topic in question. I'm pretty sure there's quite a few YouTube videos explaining some of the concepts.

Regular breaks, revising in different places to mix things up a bit is also useful. I'm planning to get a keywords list done soon (maybe upload it to here if I make one, depending on your exam board) and flashcards are always useful when you're travelling or just when flicking through an A4 pad of paper looks odd, and they mean you end up summarising your points down to the crucial elements that you definitely need to know.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.