Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    On the website it states:

*You are required to move out of your room during vacation periods. There is limited storage in some halls where you can store your belongings for free, but priority is given to international students. To store your things in your room over the Christmas and Easter vacations, you can pay £5 a night. Further information on booking Storage in your room will be sent after A Level results. If you need to stay in your room for these times, you will have to pay £15 per night, and meals are not included. You will need to indicate at the time of applying if you would prefer a room where Extended Stay is permitted.

Due to me being from outside the UK, I'm not sure if I need to stay during vacation periods. During the application process though, I saw no option to chose extended stay, so I just applied like that.
    Now I got an offer for University Park and my question is - what do I do now?

Do I accept the offer and sort this out when I actually get there or do I email them that I need a room where extended stay is permitted?

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Anxious)
    On the website it states:

*You are required to move out of your room during vacation periods. There is limited storage in some halls where you can store your belongings for free, but priority is given to international students. To store your things in your room over the Christmas and Easter vacations, you can pay £5 a night. Further information on booking Storage in your room will be sent after A Level results. If you need to stay in your room for these times, you will have to pay £15 per night, and meals are not included. You will need to indicate at the time of applying if you would prefer a room where Extended Stay is permitted.

Due to me being from outside the UK, I'm not sure if I need to stay during vacation periods. During the application process though, I saw no option to chose extended stay, so I just applied like that.
    Now I got an offer for University Park and my question is - what do I do now?

Do I accept the offer and sort this out when I actually get there or do I email them that I need a room where extended stay is permitted?

Thank you in advance
    You can sort it out later on; best bet is to wait until you get here then chat to the Hall Manager face-to-face

ReputationRep:
    Phone the Accommodation Office after Easter and check. They're friendly, and they'll know the best answer for your situation.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for both answers.
    Since I'm from outside the UK it is kinda hard for me to call. Is it really necessary or should I just follow DarkWhite's suggestion?

ReputationRep:
    Not that hard ... but you can email instead.
    http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommod...contactus.aspx

I wouldn't wait. On the first day you will have been allocated a room, and there will be hundreds of students at each hall finding their rooms and settling in. The hall manager isnt going to be thrilled to be having this discussion with you on the busiest day of the year especially if it turns out the room you've been allocated isnt suitable and there then has to be some swapping.

Whereas if you find out what to do now, you will be allocated the right room in the first place, which has extended stay as a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've sent them an email

ReputationRep:
    They basically wrote me

"As you have already submitted your application, you will need to request this once you have moved into halls in September."

So I guess, I just accept my offer and then sort it out once I arrive?

ReputationRep:
    Usually, if you do have to move out during vacations then rooms in other Halls or whatever are made available for International students. Its not a big drama and you don't need to worry about it now, it'll all be sorted out/clarified when you get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Anxious)
    They basically wrote me

"As you have already submitted your application, you will need to request this once you have moved into halls in September."

So I guess, I just accept my offer and then sort it out once I arrive?
    Yep. You gave them the chance to deal with it now and they don't seem to think it's necessary, so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.