Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have a very odd, unorthodox question for all of you today. I have a standard computer chair that I use quite a bit, I sit on it while studying, using the computer, etc.

Recently, it has developed a problem, it reduces in height very quickly. It has a function in which I can choose the height of the chair, and I always like it at the maximum height, but nowadays, it slides down gradually, though definitely. I need to manually raise the height of the chair, about 10 times a day. This is annoying.

Can anyone give any advice as to stop this?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londoncricket)
    Hi all,

I have a very odd, unorthodox question for all of you today. I have a standard computer chair that I use quite a bit, I sit on it while studying, using the computer, etc.

Recently, it has developed a problem, it reduces in height very quickly. It has a function in which I can choose the height of the chair, and I always like it at the maximum height, but nowadays, it slides down gradually, though definitely. I need to manually raise the height of the chair, about 10 times a day. This is annoying.

Can anyone give any advice as to stop this?

Thanks!
    (read in epic advert voice)
    - NEVER FEAR, THE REVOLUTIONIZER IS HERE -

SOLUTION 1
    LOSE WEIGHT!
    SOLUTION 2
    THROW IT AWAY!
    SOLUTION 3
    GET A STANDARD CHAIR!
    SOLUTION 4
    USE A STICK TO SUPPORT IT!
    SOLUTION 5
    KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

YOUVE JUST BEEN REVOLUTIONIZED

ReputationRep:
    What chair is it? It's likely, by the sounds of things, something just needs tightening. Have a hunt round and see what band supports the chair at maximum height, just use common sense to work out what a period of weight on the chair would mean so you can identify which one is loose. It might be a screw, or it may be a twisty 'knob' of some kind haha, depends on the chair though...
    Alternatively, you will need a new chair and this one has seen its high days. P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    What chair is it? It's likely, by the sounds of things, something just needs tightening. Have a hunt round and see what band supports the chair at maximum height, just use common sense to work out what a period of weight on the chair would mean so you can identify which one is loose. It might be a screw, or it may be a twisty 'knob' of some kind haha, depends on the chair though...
    Alternatively, you will need a new chair and this one has seen its high days. P:

Oh thanks for the useful advice! yes, I have had this chair for years, and it was second hand as well! I will have a hunt

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.