Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys so I've accepted my conditional offer to study Architecture at Dundee uni! But, the whole accommodation thing is really confusing me. Here comes the list f questions lol!
    How/when do I apply?
    What is the best student accommodation available and do I get to choose?
    I am also worried about meeting my flat mates as I'm worried we won't be alike or I get stuck with horrible people:-( is it normal to feel like this before starting uni???
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm maybe not much help but went to the applicants day yesterday and asked a few similar questions! They send out applications for accommodation to everyone who's firmed their offers about mid-April (they have a couple of system glitches just now apparently but hoping to send them out in the next few days?). I don't know which is the best but I liked the look of Belmont Flats and Heathfields, they're on campus as well as Belmont Tower. Seabraes is 5 minutes walk away and West Park about 20 minutes so I haven't seen them. I think it's pretty normal to be worried about meeting your new flatmates but someone I spoke to yesterday said they set up a Facebook page for people to try to get in contact with their future flatmates which seems to work quite well. Hope that helps a bit!

ReputationRep:
    I imagine they'll be waiting until they've responded to all their applications before sending out accomodation, and djcad is still to respond for some

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess so, I must be doing alright if it's the only thing I'm worried about!! Just hope everything turns out as planned but I guess that'll be the same for everyone:-) what are you guys studying this year anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same, i'm so worried about not getting on with people in my flat :s i keep checking about 3 times a day to see if i have an email about applying... haha

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.